cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP ERP on DB2 with high availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

currently we're installing SAP ERP 6 EHP 6 based on DB2 for unix and windows, this is done using the high availability option on AIX 7.1 and IBM's power HA.

We have the following architecture:

Node A:

1-A host for ASCS, ERS and CI.

2-A host for the DB instance.

The same with node B replacing CI with DI.

Please advise on how to proceed with installation.

Also I need a bit of clarification regarding how to share (or export) the file systems between the hosts of the same node so that the CI can and DB can be connected, since as far as I know the DB installation will ask for the profile directory through the installation, while the CI will ask to see the db file systems as well as the db instance.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

For your query

Also I need a bit of clarification regarding how to share (or export) the file systems between the hosts of the same node so that the CI can and DB can be connected, since as far as I know the DB installation will ask for the profile directory through the installation, while the CI will ask to see the db file systems as well as the db instance.

Please refer installation guide sections related to file system planning.

Here you can see the file system directory structure as well as information on which filesystems to be shared.

Attached are some screenshot for reference

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I've checked the installation guide but it's a bit fuzzy about this file sharing or export and mount.

I need to install the DB instance on a different host than the CI and ASCS, my inquiry is: what directories or file systems I need to export and mount from the ASCS host to the DB host (I've already installed the ASCS and ERS) and what do I need to do from the DB host to the CI host so that I can install the CI.

Thanks in advance

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Ahmed,

You asked

my inquiry is: what directories or file systems I need to export and mount from the ASCS host to the DB host (I've already installed the ASCS and ERS) and what do I need to do from the DB host to the CI host so that I can install the CI.

1) on DB host please share /sapmnt .

2) on CI host you need to installed DB client. You should have /sapmnt which should be local to CI host.

3) Ensure /etc/passwd + /etc/hosts + /etc/services files are synchronized on all the servers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

please have a look at

Note 1612105 - DB6: FAQ for DB2 High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)

let me know if this does not help.

Regards,

Javier