Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA sharing same component controller for different user ID in same system

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a WDC and initialized some of the user data in the component controller WDDOINIT method. For testing purposes i am logging in with two different user id in the same system , when i execute the instance , the initialize method is only being called once for the first user. And strangely i am getting the data of the first user in the application instance of the second user.

I am using a tcode (WDYID and then the application name in se93) rather than URL for testing purposes.
can someone tell me what might be the issue ? or am i missing something here ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some restrictions with WDA in SAP GUI. Check the SAP Note: 989286 and 1098009.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran.
Well now i do know there are many restrcitions if i try to run it with tcode.

Is there a way when set startapplication as BROWSER we can set that it always opens in a new session ?
In the browser we can set the settings through registry to open a new window always in a new session but is it possible if somehow we can set it in SAP to open browser in new session rather than new window.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately not. Thats what the SAP Note(s) says. ( not supported ).

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by Rama, definitely your WDDOINIT will be called irrespective of the way you calling for each instance.

Try to check that are you using any condition(If Clause) in your code.

BR,

RAM.

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

No condition in WDDOINIT. I have put the external breakpoint at the first executable statement of the code.
In the tcode creation if somehow i can specify to always open in new session(atleast the browser function would work if not the GUI) ?

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you run application ( either in WDYID or URL ), each time it creates a session and initialiazation of component happens accordingly irrespective of user id. i.e. even if you execute application for same user id in two different windows, the session is different and WDDONIT of component controller should trigger per instance.

Try to set external break point in WDDONIT and check if WDDONIT is called per instance of application run.

Regards,

Rama

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

If i use the URL and create a new session, it is working fine.
Problem is when i use tcode the browser session is not opened in new session in the system and if i set Default as GUI even the the WDDOINIT method is only run once i.e. for the first user id who executed the application.

I have already set the breakpoints and saw that WDDOINIT is not getting triggered for the second user id.

Thanks.