Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android device cant enroll suddenly

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to enroll my android devices. But after connected, stays in this status then failed about 20-25 min later.

You can see log files as attacment.

Afaria 7 SP3 Hfx 39,

Windows 2008 R2 Platform, SQL 2008 R2

RSOE's work as task, not service.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solve issues. Mostly about firewall and topology problems. I fix them. Now is ok.

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

I try to change port 80 to 5007

For this I changed those:

1. In Afaria Server /Communication/Device Communication part --> Address for Device Communication:

http://rs.yasar.com.tr:5007

2. In Afaria Server/Component/Enrollment Server-->Relay Server:

Server address* -> rs.yasar.com.tr:5007

3. In Afaria Server/Component/Package Server-->Indirect Access(Relay Server:

Server Address* -> rs.yasar.com.tr:5007

4. In RSOE config files:

-cr   ""host=10.1.0.88;port=5007;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"

5. In Relay Server rs.config files:

[relay_server]

http_port=5007

6. Finally In relay Server IIS Admin,ias_relay_server default Web Site:

ias_relay_server default Web Site, Site binding http port 5007

And then Restart IIS and Relay Server service And afaria Server services. And reconfigure Corporate Firewall rules according to new port.

But Now I look at RSOE screens and see same error:

E. 2014-04-28 09:12:02. <OEHost> Could not connect to Relay Server, errCode: 63, sysCode: 10060

What is mistaken?

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yea I forgot that.

I will try tomorrow and prompt u about result.

C u

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nope. We didnt change GSM operator. But I think that Vodafone start to use something on Turkey network like UK. Till last week, everything was fine.

Now, let me clarify about where change. Can u cross check for me and approve?

1. In Afaria Server /Communication/Device Communication part --> Address for Device Communication:

http://rs.yasar.com.tr:NEWPORT

2. In Afaria Server/Component/Enrollment Server-->Relay Server:

Server address* -> rs.yasar.com.tr:NEWPORT

3. In Afaria Server/Component/Package Server-->Indirect Access(Relay Serverr:

Server Address* -> rs.yasar.com.tr:NEWPORT

4. In RSOE config files:

-cr   ""host=10.1.0.88;port=NEWPORT;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"

5. In Relay Server rs.config files:

[relay_server]

http_port=NEWPORT

6. Finally In relay Server IIS Admin,ias_relay_server default Web Site:

ias_relay_server default Web Site, Site binding http port NEWPORT

Anything else?

Regards...

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik

That list looks good.  One other change you will need to make is re-creating your TinyURL or GoogleURLs in the Enrollment Policies, as these will contain your old port details for the Relay Server. A good check is to inspect the URL once created to make sure it is correct.

Regards

Nick

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I think I know where is problem. Problem is Vodafone.

If I use port 80, then I have problem. I just try to enroll my devices using Wi-fi and I satisfied.

So I have to change my port differ than 80

But I dont know where I have to change.

Any Idea?

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik

Yes, there is a problem with Vodafone (in the UK and maybe other countries) where they appear to do packet inspection or some kind of header changes on HTTP traffic on port 80 that causes a problem with Afaria traffic.

You would need to do something like we have in our test environments and change the port that the Relay Server listens on from port 80 to something else (maybe 8080 if this is unused).  We have changed the HTTP binding in IIS to port 8080 and then updated the rs.config entry for http_port = 8080 and the same for all of your Outbound Enablers connecting to the Relay Server.

I am curious, you said this suddenly stopped working, did you change cellular provider to Vodafone?

Regards

Nick

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Nick,

-My Afaria Server IP address is 10.40.1.172 and all components of afaria such as enrollment iphone server ,run on this server.

-afariaadmin is my local Admin and also Service account.

-I run 3 RSOE, for server, enrollment and package server. And Administrator>Configuration>Relay Server, the 'Start the outbound enabler with the Afaria service' is NOT ticked.

-I also check TransmitterID and it is same with rsoe.config file.

I will upgrade relay server

I change rsoe.config localhost instead of IP address. and verbosity is 5.

But nothing change.

Here is logs :

astDisk

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

First of all, I'm really appreciated for your detail answer.

So, IN Afaria Admin UI, Device Communication Settings shows that :

XNET : 3007

HTTP: 81

Address for device communication is :http://rs.yasar.com.tr:80

And related RSOE config is:

-id    o3)$(    -f    YASAR-IS2    -t    YASAR-IS2    -cs    "host=10.40.1.172;port=81;"    -cr    "host=10.1.0.88;port=80;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"    -q -v 3 -o c:\Temp\rsoe.log

Is it correct?

Another is,

Yes, I runs RSOEs as process. And afariaadmin run this taks. Sybase Consultat offer this to me.

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik

A few more thoughts based on the information you have provided:

• From your screenshot, it appears the Afaria Server is listening for HTTP on port 81, which matches your configuration of the RSOE: -cs    "host=10.40.1.172;port=81

• I trust the IP address 10.40.1.172 is correct for your Afaria Server.  If the RSOE is running on that Afaria Server, can you try changing the value to 'localhost' .  Also, please increase the verbosity for that RSOE to 5, then reproduce the issue and re-post both Relay and RSOE logs, thus:

-id    o3)$(    -f    YASAR-IS2    -t    YASAR-IS2    -cs    "host=localhost;port=81;"    -cr                    "host=10.1.0.88;port=80;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"    -q -v 5 -o c:\Temp\rsoe.log

• Can you confirm the account 'afariaadmin' is your Afaria Service account and a Local Administrator?

• Is there any chance you are running more than one RSOE for the Afaria Server, can you confirm in the Administrator>Configuration>Relay Server, the '' is NOT ticked?

• Something else to check, is the Transmitter ID for your Afaria Server correct?  It is listed as 'o3)$(' in the RSOE config, does this match with the value in your Afaria Server registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Afaria\Afaria\Server\TransmitterID?

• You are running version 12.0.1.3579 for your RSOE and 12.0.1.3726 on the Relay Server.  Although this is not fatal (Relay Server will negotiate using the lowest protocol version for compatibility), I will check further if there are any bugs fixed in newer releases that might relate to your observed behavior.

Regards

Nick

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik

I've had a look at your logs and I ran a couple of tests against your server.  The RSOE for your Enrollment Server farm 'es2-afaria' looks to be working, I can resolve the following URL successfully, which is the help page of the Enrollment Server by going through your Relay:

http://rs.yasar.com.tr/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/es2-afaria/aips/aipService.svc/help

However, errors can be seen in your Relay Server and RSOE log relating to the Afaria farm 'YASAR-IS2', which has a backend of Afaria Server ID 'o3)$('.  We can see in the Relay log:

I. 2014-04-11 13:53:38. <4800.4924.FaB0Dn> IIS ReadClient error(10054): Connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

E. 2014-04-11 13:53:38. <4800.4924.FaB0Dn> RSE3004: Communication error [SYS10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host...] occurred while reading from down channel of backend server 'o3)$(' in backend farm 'YASAR-IS2'

I. 2014-04-11 13:53:38. <4800.4924.FaB0Dn> Finished

I. 2014-04-11 13:53:38. <4800.4924.FaB0Dn> IIS response header error(87)

The corresponding entries in the RSOE are:

I. 2014-04-11 13:44:03. <DnChannel-0000> OE_BACKEND_DISCONNECTED(oidx=0 ridx=0 sidx=1 snum=0001 sfp=43aea37c rawSize=20)

I. 2014-04-11 13:44:03. <DnChannel-0000> OE_BACKEND_DISCONNECTED(oidx=0 ridx=1 sidx=2 snum=0002 sfp=58b3f29c rawSize=20)

I. 2014-04-11 13:44:04. <UpChannel-0000> 20 RS_CLI_DISCONNECT_BACKEND(oidx=0 snum=0001 sfp=43aea37c ridx=0 sidx=1)

This usually means the backend (Afaria Server) is disconnecting from the RSOE for some reason.  The LOST LINK eventually occurs when there is no more communication.  I have a couple of thoughts about this:

• Is the Afaria Server backend that the RSOE is connecting to, still listening using the HTTP protocol on port 81, as this appears to be what is configured?  You can check in the Afaria Administrator in Server > Configuration > Device Communication
  • It is interesting you mention the RSOEs are running as a task and not a service.  Can you tell me under which user context the RSOE processes are running?  You can check this in the Task Manager>Processes tab

Regards

Nick

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have to add that, In server logs, SDevice Connection log part, I can see the LOST LINK message.