SAP BCM changes name to SAP Contact Center

Former Member

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have a full confidence that I'm personally good with this. Explain why:

1. Abbreviation (I assume it will be SAP CC) will still be confusing. There is already a solution with the same abbreviation: SAP Convergent Charging. BCM was also sometimes confused with Bank Communication Management solution.

2. Contact Center will probably be confused with SAP CRM Interaction Center solution/functionality. I can imagine a statement in some PoCs or other documents: "Integration of SAP Contact Center with SAP CRM Interaction Center". And if somebody will forget to put "SAP CRM" in this statement and will use simple "SAP Interaction Center" instead. Oh yeah...

But I should admit that I don't have other suggestions... The new name is certainly clearer then previous one. And it's already renamed anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the abbreviation. I believe SAP (and whole industry) has used all 3 letter acronyms already a long time ago and many of acronyms are several times overloaded like it's the case with BCM (= Business Continuity Management).

So there is no official abbreviation. Sometimes you need to use one anyway. If so please use SAP CCtr. (you can find Contact Center with #cctr from Twitter for instance).

Developer once said that naming is the hardest thing in this line of business (since every developer must give a name for each variable, function and class they create).