cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading master data to attribute ZMAJORGU(Major organisational unit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While loading master data to  ZMAJORGU(MOU)(info object texts) from  datasource (ZOS_HRP1000)datasource iam getting error in DTP.

below is the error...

Diagnosis

Data record 349 & with the key 'Ship &' is invalid in value 'Ship &' of
    the attribute/characteristic ZMAJORGU &.

System Response

The system has recognized that the value mentioned above is invalid, and
    has processed this general error message. A subsequent message may give
    you more information on the error. This message refers to the same
    value, even though it does not state this explicitly.

Procedure

If this message appears during a data load, maintain the attribute in
    the PSA maintenance screens. If this message appears in the master data
    maintenance screens, leave the transaction and call it again. This
    allows you to maintain your master data.

Please find the below screen shots

I have done the following regarding the issue ....Looking at the error i have gone trough the transformation and i didnt find any routines or formuales

I have checked the PSA and down loaded the data to spread sheet and put a filter on SHORT and STEXT assuming i will find the value

'Ship &' as mentioned in the Diagnosis description. However i was not able to find the relavent data(i went to se16 gave teh request ID from PSA and displayed the entire data)tarting with Ship .The closest  value i could find in both the fileds was was AVP Shipment .

I have the following questions

1)In the screen short 2 it says record number 349 is it right to go to PSA table and check against the record number 349(i tried that but i was not able to find the error against that record)

2)why am i not finding the value 'Ship' in PSA ...but this is the value wich is creating a poblem in updating to the target ....does it mean the record value is Ship or it starts with Ship or is ir part of some word?

Please find the attached PSA data file (u have to convert it to Excel)

I request people to help me analyse the issue and fix the issue.

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more thing if you don't want to face this error in future,  then  need to change infoobject zmajorju properties  General lowercase letters must be enabled.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Very simple issue.

Your loading small/lower case or space issue.

instead "Ship " you need to enter "SHIP".

so at PSA Keep filter on field SHORT and enter *Ship*.

you will find that record, click on edit and change to SHIP and delete the space by using backspace.

save and reload into target.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram

I checked other records as well they were a lot of smallcharecters upper case charectres ,numeric special charecters .but nothing stopped ...when the system is even accpeting all other charectres  like smallof caps or numeric... why on this record is creating an issue...

please have a look at error stack

and i have one more question when i look at PSA there are close to 300000 records

but when i do an SE16 with request id i see only close to one lakh records (i came to conclusion b dragging down and the last record number was (below screen shot)

Can you tell me what my mistake is numebr or records are not tallying in SE16 and PSA..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have error stack. No need to find at psa.

Just click on error stack status(red mark) . you will see clear issue description about it.

coming lower/upper cases - this kind errors comes record by record. not all at a time.

Even not sure its lower case issue or space issue.

please click on red mark and share with us.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram

I clicked on the status Tab of the error stack and this is the first popup

As i mentioned in earlier post that error didnt help me in finding the error values

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PSA file attachment is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshu

Tried attaching... it was a large file(exceeded the MB specified by SCN) the portal stopped me from attaching...give me you mail id i can sned it to your mail if you want..

Thanks

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No issues ..You can check the value in this object ZMAJORGU not in short text field as far as i understand.

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@AL at PSA we won't see bw objects. he need to check source field(Short - which he mapped) as stated below.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for correcting me i just overlooked that..

Regards,

AL