Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check in not happen for second line if we enter same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

I am facing the problem,

I entered one line item (X) for first time in sales doc then Credit checking is happen,

if i entered same material (X) as second time in the same sales order credit checking is not happening.

In OVA8 i check Item check,

It is Automatic Credit managemnt Process.

Please tell me the reason for it.

Thanking you.

Sudheer.U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is because of the item check in OVA8. Am sure you must have checked this

Please read the F1 help of the field "item check". It says if item generates warning message as a result of credit check system generates warning only for the first line item . However, system shows you the warning message again at the time of saving the sales document which including by considering the 2nd line item also.

When the system is not displaying the warning message to the 2nd line item don't think that system is not performing credit check for the 2nd line item as i said in the above it is because of Item check functionality.

Item check is used to when the user is entering the line item wise items system automatically gives either warning/error message once the document values reaches the Payer customer given credit limit so then user will stop entering the next line item. Since system is not giving warning message that does not mean user can go ahead with entering the remaining items also. No, system definitely considers the next line items also subject to you checked credit active field in VOV7 for those line items item categories.

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu

let me know one thing From Your post

Yes i will agree with you From one point of view that about Item check Function

But here Issue is 2 line items same material , same customer , For one line item system is showing Credit block and another line item no

In ova8--CCA-RISK CAT-CG

so as usewell all should be same for 1st and second then how item check box in OVA8 will affect

i hope you have understood

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Venu for your reply. If you read my post completely i had never mentioned that system will not consider the 2nd line item for credit cheek. I mentioned only system,will not show once again the warning message.And also mentioend during saving system shows the warning message once again with value of 2nd line items( which we are talking about the system,will not show once again the warning message.)  System definitely consider the 2nd line item also This you can observe at the time of saving the document.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

Thanks for your replay,

I solved my problem, know i am passing another issue, the issue is

i maintained credit control for order level for one group of customers for that perticular group it work fine at order level, it means if the one of customer from that group is exceed his credit limit then it will block the order level it self, so its works fine.

But my query is users is creating sales orders with in the credit limits, when they moving to delivery they adding another line item by that customer credit limit exposers are crossed and furthur process in delivery and PGI system is not blocking.

How to over come this issue.

Thanking you,

Sudheer.U

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding new line item in delivery by the user which is not there in sales order is not good practice.

However, you can control this by putting requirement 201 in OVLK(LF) in the field item requirement.

so that system will not allow the user to add one more line item in the delivery document.

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sudheer uppuula

I want to know how you solved the issue Please share how you have done , what you have done

plz update here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear srinu,

As per client requirement i could not stop them to add the line item in the delivery.

so i can't use item requirement 201,

instead of that it is not possible to update the new line item value in credit management?

Thanking you,

Sudheer.U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

I am not solved the problem,

information provided me srinu i come to know that standerd behaviour of system,

so i need to search for solution for problem.

if i solved the problem i will inform to you

Thanking you,

sudheer.U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer Uppuula,

I want to know how  you solved that issue. if every thing is same (same document, customer, material no) , why credit check was not happened at 2nd line item, and how you solved that.

please let me know also

Thanks

Suresh.V

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

Please try with Deviation in % field in OVA8. This field controls when the user is again adding value to the document then system block the document when it is exceeding the given %.

I did not try this since i don't have the system currently.

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daer sudheer uppuula

Why i have asked this question Whether you have solved or not Because you have Made this Post is Correct answer .. so people  generally will thing Solved issue so plz make sure From next time onwards once You have solved Your issue then only Click Correct answer

because so many Guys are Fallowing scn so It should Be perfect i hope You will understand

Regards

venu gopala reddy

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

Still seems to be you are not clear on my post, take the following example

Let us assume we have customer X having credit limit 1lac EUR and in OVA8 having item check activated and static check is activated with reaction C.

Now you create sales order with 2 line items with same material

Mat 1 – 40k EUR

Mat 1 – 61K EUR.

So here when you are entering 2nd line item system shows warning message (Static credit check: credit limit exceeded 1000 EUR and again you enter 3rd line item

Mat 1 -10K EUR so here system does not show the warning message again. However, when you are trying and save the sales order system shows the warning message which includes 3rd line item value.

It shows as (Static credit check:  credit limit exceeded 11000 EUR so which means is that system Performing the credit check or not for 3rd line item or not Obviously it is performing even for the 3rd line item which is not showing the warning message.

The same process check without activating item check in OVA8. System does not show any warning message  even you enter any number of line items even though it is exceeding given credit limit. However in this case also system is performing the credit check for all the line items this you can observe during saving the sales order.

Please note :In the both the cases system is performing the credit check .OP was assuming that when system is not showing the warning message he was presuming that system is not performing the credit check for the 2nd line item. This is a standard functionality of the SAP system of item check.

So in this case is my answer is correct answer or incorrect answer to the OP???

However OP is facing some other issue which we cannot correlate to the OP saying that issue is not resolved.

Actually the Original post is not the error it was an assumption that system is not performing credit check.

Please note: before comment first you check in your system then ask how it is correct.

I hope you understand my point.

Thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu

Thank you so much For Your Post , i was Little bit confused to understand , i will accept Your point

Because i was thinking  ex from Your post itself same 3 line item also behave as per second line item

Clearly mentioning :

i hope it is right

Material :AAA,BBB,CCC

Credit limit : 100000 rs

Item check is activated in ova8

What i was thinking is .. In the sales order 2nd line item crossed credit limit .. 110000

so system gave warning msg immediately....Right one

Here i hope i misunderstood 3 Rd line item he entered But system will allow but while saving the sales order system will restrict  As per Your post .. Right

Thanks a lot For clarifying me In detail Here i Misunderstood

i will try on my ides i will post here

Because in 3RD line item i dont know why not showing error Immediately as second because Material is same and everything is same

Anyway sorry if you hurt Please ignore , Share your knowledge

Thanks a lot

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear srinu ........Yes You are Right ..

Thanks a lot cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear srinu,

Its not working..

Regards,

Sudheer.U

Former Member
0 Kudos

S, correct i think same,

i agree with you,

thanks,

Sudheer.U

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh.v

I Am giving clarification on Your doubt why system not gave worining MSG immediatly as well as Second one

Ex: credit limit 50000 rs

1st line item value is 25000 rs

2nd line item value is 30000 rs

.....Here crossed credit limit and as well as In OVA8-- Item check is activated So as per sap standerd Immediatly we will ge Warning /Error mgs( pop- box) Only

ok now we have canceled POP-UP Box  ok now gave 3rd Line item with the value of 10000 rs Here system not gave warning msg/error msg only while saving the document System will give
Warning /Error mgs while saving the document .. This is sap standerd ... Why it is happening ?

Why it is happening ?... This is Your question ok

One facility given By sap because now you have enterd 3 line items

25000+30000+10000 : 65000

After entering There is chance to remove 2nd line item or 1st line item From the document

so now how much credit limit he is going to use ?    ex: 30000+10000:40000  or 25000+10000:35000

so still he can use credit limit Right so that is the reason system wont give POP-UP Msg ....

This special Feture of this .. i also Got confused when Srinu S said but he is right .....Thans to Srinu S

Thanks a lot

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know how you are validating that only for first line item, credit check has happened.  Also let me know whether you tried with different material code.  If so, how system is behaving.

G. Lakshmipathi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer

You are telling same material in 2 line items means so same item category no issue in item category

And check in second line item Material Schedul line Dates are updated same like first line item and second line item

So i hope you have to run The programes

RVKRED88 ,rvkred77 OR check_cm

plz run the programes with abapers

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50996

plz let me know