Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer IDOC Immed.

wernervm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I’ve created a Z message type to transfer transactional data from SAP EEC6 to external system (MES) using iDOCs.

Distribution model was created and profiles were updated in WE20 (outbound parameters).

Radio button “Transfer IDOC Immed.” was also set.

When we create idocs, they are not transferred immediately. In BD87 they are assigned to status 30.

However, they are successfully transferred when using program RSEOUT00.

Why is setting “Transfer IDOC Immed.” ignored?

Thanks

W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Are you generating the IDocs from a custom program?

If you are using FM ALE_IDOCS_CREATE, then you need to call function EDI_DOCUMENT_DEQUEUE_LATER to unlock the IDocs and then commit work.

Rgds

Eng Swee

3 REPLIES 3

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Are you generating the IDocs from a custom program?

If you are using FM ALE_IDOCS_CREATE, then you need to call function EDI_DOCUMENT_DEQUEUE_LATER to unlock the IDocs and then commit work.

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes we are using a custom program to generate idoc (we used FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE).

We’ve changed it now to ALE_IDOCS_CREATE together with EDI_DOCUMENT_DEQUEUE_LATER.

All is working except for the logical system that we must hardcode in the program.

With FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE this was not required.

Is there a way to get past this?

Regards

W

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner

I'm not really sure about that. I've always used ALE_IDOCS_CREATE because it supposedly is the replacement - see link below from the FM documentation.

If not hard-coding is a must, then I guess you can try to use back MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE and follow the same subsequent steps. You can see it's also mentioned in the SAP online library below.

Call of MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE - IDoc Interface/ALE - SAP Library

Rgds

Eng Swee