cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Income (F-28) with TDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now my system is deducting TDS from customer incoming (f-28)
automatically. Again i changed my process, if my customer is buying services
and material both from us. We don’t take default TDS for all and get 194C @2%
and 194J @10% service. How can i map in system.

WHType               WHCode     Rate

W1                         P1                           2% (194C)

W1                         P2                           1% (194C)

C1                           C1                           10% (194J)

Please guide if do you have any solution...

Best R...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remove WHT codes from customer master data - whatever you don't want post WHT amount

then pass Incoming payment entry F-28

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

As you suggest, i did it, but system is not asking for putting of tax code..

Can you check again please.. and let me suggest.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i set Self-withholding possible in wht tax type, it is working but system is creating offseting entry for same. which is purly wrong...

Again i am setting Indicator: Enter w/tax amount manually for payments in WHT type also. But system is not asking to put maual tax amount in F-28.

Can help for same.

Best Re...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you need manually post the TDS ( TDS Receiveble ) while posting through F-28.

Thanks,

M.Shiva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirment is to TDS post manually with choosing WHT code. Like MIRO..I am putting only tax type in customer master data, when we post F-28, system will ask to put tax code in transaction.

Best Reg....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maa,

You must assign tax code for tax type and you need select the liable check box in master data.

Regards

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

I agree with you, but if the TDS rates are differeent, then....

like: Contract -194C @1% & 2%.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maa,

Please have a look on this thread its related your query ( only difference is cutomer master in your case)

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3519389

Regards

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks your reply. But as per thread this is not a customer process. this is vendor process.

I need customer process. Here we are providing the service two customer. we are creating TDS receiiavble from customer incoming. (f-28 with two different rates.

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maa,

You could build up an FI validation by OB28 to tell to the customer to fill the correct wt code during the F-28 posting.

I hope this helps.

Mauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i did not get .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have different Tax rates, you need to create tax codes for all the rates and if the same customer is liable for diff tax type, then you need to maintain all types of tax types as well and tick the liable tick also.

When you book through F-28, system will throw a pop up screen in which all types of tax rates applicable to him will appear and you need to choose manually which tax rate is applicable for him, and then system will post only that rate for the customer and if you book two types of taxes like contractors and Proff Services also, both types of taxes will get deducted.

Test this out in test system..

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned two different tax code in customer master data and ticked liable option, but when i am running F-28, system id dudcting two TDS amount.

When i book through F-28, system will not throwing a pop up screen in which all types of tax rates applicable to us will not appear and i neednt  to choose manually which tax rate is applicable for us, and system is deducting TDS for two tax ratesand posted it.

If you have done in past, can you share the screen short for POP up...

plz suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now Validation is required on Business Place and Section Code. There is not required validation for putting of tax code.

Here the self WHT is coming in F-28. We can choose what tax liabity is required or not. Now i choose one tax liabile.

when i am posted the document, system is calculated both tax codes which i am not marked liabile option in F-28. And same WHT amount posted in GL as a open item.

Example:Tax Code: T3 for 10% and T4@2%

I marked tax laible in self- withholding tax say T4.

As conceptually system should calcuate 2% only. but in my case system is calculate both tax code T3 and T4 also.

Please suggest, if any body has answer.

Best Regards,

MAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Validation is required only for business place and section code... Can any body suggest for the process.

Best R..

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maa Sahoo,

You can just remove P1 & P2 in customer master record. You have to enter either P1 or P2 while doing the DP entry through F-29. As per my understaing not required to deduct TDS amount for normal payment entries.

No other customzation settings required

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maa,

You have to define separetely WHT types, and WHT codes with rates and assign them same.Then your problem will be solved.

Regards

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

I dont want to create sepaarte tax type... because we can use one tax type for 194C. As per my earlier mail (W1). User can choose wht tax code is required for Incoming deduction.

That is my question, how we can do in the system.

Can any body see in F-28  WHT field. I think it is not modifyable.

Best...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahoo

You want the withholding tax amount to be modifiable since we receive net payment after the customer deducted the tax amount.  We do not know whether the customer deducts the amount correctly or not.  So we want to enter the tax amount manually.

While creating the withholding tax type for payment posting for Customer ensure the following are ticked under Control data tab:

1.W/tax base manual

2.Manual w/tax amnt

3.Self w/holding

4.w/tax for pmnts

5.No Cert. numbering

and ensure that under assign withholding tax types to company codes under customer data subject to w/tx is ticked.

Regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvinda,

I totally agreed with you. and also earlier i did the same configuration.

Now if i am using the self withholding in tax type.

1.  System is asking option whether we want to deduct TDS or not? same.

2. If we ticked the liable option as per our decision, again sytem is passing off setting entry, which is not correct:

like :

15 Cutsomer;           1000-

40 Bank A/c                          1000+

40 TDS A/c                             500+

50 Offseting                500-

which is not correct. because we dont need offseting entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Under Posting in EWT under Define Accounts for Withholding Tax Offsetting Entry remove the tax type and tax code for debit as well as credit since this TDS from Customer is an Asset Account which you will set off the same after the Assessment Order is passed by the IT dept.

Regds

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you have to remove manually TDS codes while booking bills as SAP will not understand when to keep or remove TDS code.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per understanding, we assign the tax type and tax code in customer master data and ticked in liable option. When we process the F-28 , system dedcuts the tds automatically.

If the Tax rate is different, then we just assignee the tax type in customer masterdata and leave it blank for tax code and ticked on liable option.

But when i am processing F-28, system is not dedcut TDS, becasue the tax code filed is blank in customer data which I totally agree. Now my question is, can system is asking tax code at the time of F-28 posting, if yes, then  how.....?