Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add and populate data on IW38 ?

santanunayek
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

my requirement is to create some fields in alv list on tcode iw38 and add those fields from the layout option. now when i add those fields, i must populate data for corresponding fields in the alv list. i have found that there is an enhancement IWO10004 where i can add my custom fields in the fieldcatalog. but i could not populate corresponding data for those fields. so plz help me..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

Am I right if I understood as under?

1.You want to add custom fields to Maintenance Order (IW31) through enhancement.

2. After this you want to have these fields into IW38 ALV list.

Quite possible. But the Enhancement you've referred is not the one. You need IWO10018.

On how to do this question, given below is the brief.

Procedure

Use any  of the 4 Screen-Exits provided in the Enhancement IWO10018 to add an additional tab to host your custom fields. as under:

Steps will be,

1. Create a Data type to capture the your custom values. (SE11)

2. Include your Zfield (with this datatype) through in the include structure CI_AUFK of the Order Header table (AUFK)

3. Create a project with Tcode CMOD and assign the enhancement above (IWO10018)

4. Go to Components and Click on Screen Exit

5. Here Go to Screen-painter (Blue Arrow named Layout) , Create your Field screen-box, field Text field and field Input field. In the field input field Name you should use the above Zfield details (table-field).

6.Activate the project CMOD and come-out.

Run IW31, you will see an additional tab like shown above. But here the field is nothing.

We haven''t told the system what is to be filled here.

For this in continuation to the above steps between 5 and 6, insert this step.

5a. Write your code in Function Exits : EXIT_SAPLCOIH_018 and  EXIT_SAPLCOIH_019  of the same enhancement (IWO10018.)

*Code to be written in exit 18:

move-corresponding COCI_AUFK_IMP to AUFK.

*Code to be written in exit 19:

move-corresponding aufk to COCI_AUFK_exp.

After this exercise your Z-field will be visible in the Enhancement Tab as shown in the picture in the beginning. Now your values will be saving to AUFK table.

After this to have it in IW38 ALV screen , you need to add these Z-fields into the Structure RIHAUFK_LIST through Append Structure.

Hope this information helps you.

Jogeswara Rao K

5 REPLIES 5

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

Am I right if I understood as under?

1.You want to add custom fields to Maintenance Order (IW31) through enhancement.

2. After this you want to have these fields into IW38 ALV list.

Quite possible. But the Enhancement you've referred is not the one. You need IWO10018.

On how to do this question, given below is the brief.

Procedure

Use any  of the 4 Screen-Exits provided in the Enhancement IWO10018 to add an additional tab to host your custom fields. as under:

Steps will be,

1. Create a Data type to capture the your custom values. (SE11)

2. Include your Zfield (with this datatype) through in the include structure CI_AUFK of the Order Header table (AUFK)

3. Create a project with Tcode CMOD and assign the enhancement above (IWO10018)

4. Go to Components and Click on Screen Exit

5. Here Go to Screen-painter (Blue Arrow named Layout) , Create your Field screen-box, field Text field and field Input field. In the field input field Name you should use the above Zfield details (table-field).

6.Activate the project CMOD and come-out.

Run IW31, you will see an additional tab like shown above. But here the field is nothing.

We haven''t told the system what is to be filled here.

For this in continuation to the above steps between 5 and 6, insert this step.

5a. Write your code in Function Exits : EXIT_SAPLCOIH_018 and  EXIT_SAPLCOIH_019  of the same enhancement (IWO10018.)

*Code to be written in exit 18:

move-corresponding COCI_AUFK_IMP to AUFK.

*Code to be written in exit 19:

move-corresponding aufk to COCI_AUFK_exp.

After this exercise your Z-field will be visible in the Enhancement Tab as shown in the picture in the beginning. Now your values will be saving to AUFK table.

After this to have it in IW38 ALV screen , you need to add these Z-fields into the Structure RIHAUFK_LIST through Append Structure.

Hope this information helps you.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to use the values from basic finished date to new tab which i have created using exits.I searched the standard pogram RIAUFK20 .Can you please provide the guideline  how to  use this in my exit, i

Thanks in advance

Jiya

0 Kudos

Jiya,

Start a new discussion with title such as 'Copy Basic Finish Date to Custom field' . Also gvie the field name of custom field. (assuming tha the custom field data type is Date..

0 Kudos

Hi sir

I have posted a new discussion '

Copy Basic Finish Date to Custom field

Jiya