cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 'processDPCommandsEx' API Err_WIS_30270

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when connecting to a IDT universe with Lumira (1.15.1 Build 879) I get the following error message: 'processDPCommandsEx' API (ERR_WIS_30270)

This error message is already known within the usage of WebIntelligence when it comes to

• multiple universe (which I'm not using, I just have a single source universe to a SQL-Server)
  • WebIntelligence Cache (therefore I have disabled 'Enable Real-time Cache' within the WebIntelligenceProcessingServer in the CMC)

System:

BOE-System: 4.1 SP2 Patch4

DB: SQL Server 2008R

When choosing few columns within a table in the universe to analyze, there is no problem showing up in Lumira, but in case of choosing all columns in one table, I get the error message. (Connecting the same universe to WebI doesn't give any problems).

Hopefully you can help me out with some ideas. I have attached the Tracelog file.

Thanks in advance,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first test is does Web Intelligence run the same query OK?  If not, then the problem isn't specific to Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

yes, Web Intelligence runs the same universe perfectly.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep - thank you

In case no one responds, I recommend opening a support ticket/incident with SAP.  I can't immediately tell what the problem may be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for the hint. I will do that.

Pradeep

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just so that this is clear to Pradeep, the test that Tammy suggests should be done using the Webi from BI Launch Pad, not another Webi flavor/client.

Other than that there are no very precise clues on the traces, except the fact that this is failing inside the data acquisition. So if confirmed the Webi used is from BI Launch Pad, I agree with Tammy's recommandation.

Best regards,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

yes, the test has been done with the WebI server version via BI Launch Pad and not WebI Rich Client.

Pradeep

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK. This was just in case 🙂

Regards,

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just in case again: are the traces (tracelog) generated with the max logging level?

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I tried to trace with Environment variable (SAP Knowledge Base Article 1586166 - How to enable tracing for BI4.x Client applications) but didn't work out.

so i found out, that Lumira has an own Folder with tracelogs:

http://scn.sap.com/community/predictive-analysis/blog/2013/05/15/enabling-tracelogs-for-sap-predicti...

Is there another way to trace?

Best,

Pradeep

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thank you for the Note.

After changing the BO-Trace.ini as described in your note, following error message showed up first:

com.businessobjects.corba.generic.Container.Proxy.internal.DependacyFailoverCallbackImpI$FailoverFatalException: Prepare failover failed

afterwards loading the universe again:

'processDPCommandsEx' Api Err_WIS_30270 showed up again

Line |E| in the tracelogs gives:

com.businessObjects.rebean.wi.Toolbox.impl.Services.visualizationconfigurationServiceImpl]Input contained no data

I have attached the tracelog as well.

Pradeep

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you give us an indication of the record size you are trying to import?   i.e. How many Columns x Rows are we trying to deal with here?

Another checkpoint is the webi processing server on the biplatform - have you up-sized the "Maximum Character Stream Size (MB)" as described in this blog ?

Going back to your original post, no, the errors you describe are not 'normal' when using multisource, and should not be expected. there must be a fundamental issue elsewhere..

Have you seen this post?       I suspect you've got a faulty WPS crashing on you. (possibly due to corrupt service, or out of mem due size of data fetch)

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have about 11 Tables.

the biggest table has approx. 6000 Rows and 27 columns, the other tables are way smaller.

@Henry i will try out the other 2 Posts and get back.

Pradeep

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hmm.. That is quite a wide table, but not impossible.  I suspect you need to be Filtering when importing, until you can get this to work.

If we theorise that you have 10tables of 20cols by 5000rows = then you are trying to import 1M Cells, but with cross-joins that require additional processing.

Infact, Lumira desktop can 'acquire' between 15-30M cells (depending on source), or much more if HANA.

Another test you might want to try, is to go back to webi, create your report. Then go to query panel, SQL editor,  Copy the SQL statement syntax,   then go back to Lumira and try Freehand SQL middlware driver to your MS SQL db.  Paste and Run the statement using FHSQL dataprovider.  What happens now?  (i.e. by passing BI Platform entirely)

Regards,
H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To go in Henry's direction, Lumira and Webi Launch Pad technical stacks are not 100% aligned. There might be subtle differences occuring here and there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Sizing Up the "Maximun Character Stream Size (MB)": didn't work out
  2. WPS crashing assumption: restarted BOE-System (didn't change any Tomcat settings or deleted any Cache since Tomcat is not relevant when using Lumira) - didn't work out
  3. Workaround by using Freehand SQL within Lumira: Analysis runs perfectly by passing by BI platform entirely

The Workaround is unfortunately not really an alternative.

Pradeep

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm not sure why you restarted the BOE platform, that wasn't the solution in the other thread!

How many WPS do you have per host, and are any misbehahing/warning?  (my advice: shut them all down, and keep 1)

What's the memory consumption like on this 1 WPS when you are hitting it hard?  (check task mgr / monitoring )   Does it go anywhere near 6g limit then try restart?

We need to find where in the architecture, and why, we're getting a disconnect.

Finally, did you create an OSS ticket? (if yes, what is the number please? i'd like to notify the engineer internally of this discussion)

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thanks for getting back to me.

I have only one WPS.

What I have just recognized - although I have patched the BI platform last week to BO 4.1 SP2 Patch 4 something must have gone wrong, cause it's still 4.1 SP2 Patch1.

So right now, i'm upgrading the platform again.

I recognized when connecting Lumira to the same Universe which has been published on another BI platform 4.1 SP2P4 that no error Messages are showing up.

Haven't created an OSS ticket yet.

I will get back to you after upgrading and retesting.

Best,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is solved.

After upgrading BO 4.1 SP2 P1  --> BO 4.1 SP2 P4.

My bad, that I didn't recheck the BI Plattform Version after a trouble-free upgrade.

Thank you very much for offering such quick suggested solutions,

Best,

Pradeep

Answers (0)