cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy z fields in follow up transaction created automatically through Action Profile

vraoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 1 question. I am creating a follow up transaction from quotation to Contract automatically through status change. I have some z fields in Quotations.

Please let me know how those fields can be copied to my follow up transactions automatically.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I believe you will be calling a class and method from your action profile. In the class method, map the custom field of quotation to contract.

Thanks,

Faisal

vraoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thnkx for quick response, is there any way in config to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Varun

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

The configuration in action profile as per my understanding, will not do the creation also. I mean the standard creation. You will have create a class and method and configure in action profile. There only you can do the mapping of fields. How else you are trying with action profile?.

I had the same requirement recently and got achieved with class and methods.

Thanks,

Faisal

vraoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thnkx for the suggestion, i will do the same. Just 1 more question

For creation of follow up transactions automatically through Actions is it required to have copy control settings or not?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the badi CRM_COPY_BADI in there you can copy required source field value in to the target field. Only thing you need to choose the correct method  with respect to the object.