cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.6 driver in my system and have created a DSN to connect to MySQL.I have checked the DSN it shows connection successful.But when i try to connect through crystal report it showing an error as The specified DSN contain an architecture mismatch between the driver and application

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Looking at the error message it appears that you are using CRforE.

This because you do not have a 64 bit DSN

Create a 64 bit DSN using ODBC adminsitrator with same name using same drivers on your server box

Now try to create a report

For more information refer

- Shahnawaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahnawaz,

I am using Crystal report 2013 software,i have created a 64 bit MySQL DSN and when i am deploying the build crystal report to the folder it is showing the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create a a DSN in server level

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since CR 2013 is 32 bit, your datasource also must be 32 bit. See KBA 1505620 - How to create a 32 bit ODBC data source on a 64 bit Operating System

And you will need 32 bit client...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

1. In CR2013 only 32 bit DSN will be visible
2. You cannot create a report using 64 bit DSN from CR2013 or from Crystal reports for Enterprise. Both requires 32 bit DSN.
3. The error message that you mentioned I have replicated as follows
a. Created a 32 bit DSN on MYSQL Database>> Created a secured connection in IDT

b. Created a report from Crystal reports for Enterprise

c. Tried Saving it to the BO server and it gave the same error

Now as you mention you are using CR2013 so I am not sure how it is replcable with CR2013

Please provide the workflow you follow

- Shahnawaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.i have created a 32 bit DSN from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

2.I connected the created DSN from CR2013 and have created a report,so here the creation of report is complete.

3.But in the CMC of the BO BI platform 4 i have uploaded my report into the Folder by the Manage->Add->Local Document.

4.When i right click the report it throws the error as "Viewer could not process the events:Failed to open the connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

What if you save the report from CR designer does that works?

And when do you recive the error as The specified DSN contain an architecture mismatch between the driver and application

- Shahnawaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes now i am able to connect the DSN through the CR2013.Problem is solved

Thanks Shahnawaz

Answers (0)