cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System does not reset asset retirement date for Depreciation Area specific transaction after area has been deleted

0 Kudos

Good day,

I needed to create a new depreciation area in a live system. The depreciation area would not post to the GL, but would be used for tax purposes in a currency other than the local currency. When creating this area the asset values were translated at the system exchange rate which did not agree with the values of the manually maintained tax register. I proceeded by creating new transaction types that would only post to the new area, one of which was an asset disposal transaction, which would be used for downward adjustment of the APC value. I made my adjustments at the end of the previous financial year, but had to start over and proceeded to delete the depreciation area to allow me to start over.

After reinstating the depreciation area, my original adjustments were removed, however the assets which APC values needed to be adjusted downward using the disposal transaction, was giving me the AA 478 Posting transaction is not possible (value date not allowed) error.

I've reviewed the asset postings and there is no record of my original adjustment documents. The problem seems to be that field ANLA-ABGDT (Last Retirement Date), is still indicating the date of my previous adjustments and that this was not updated when the Depreciation Area was deleted and reinstated.

Again, I do not have any documents which I can access or reverse to update this table. Is there any way to clear this field without reversing the disposal document?

I'm also looking at implementing SAP note 1618286, to make error message AA478 a warning. I could not implement SAP note 533378 since it only supports component version 46c and we are currently running component verson 605.

I would appreciate your consideration of my problem.

Regards

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are in Test System, you can use function module AA_AFABER_DELETE to totally delete the depreciation area (tcode SE37, specify chart of depreciation and depreciation area), After that recreate your depreciation area and run AFBN. But before you do that, have you created a retirement transaction type that limits the posting on your new depreciation area? If not create one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Jhero