cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Analytics - Customer defined monitor - No data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While my custom monitor is running fine with BPMon alerting, i am not able to get results in BP Analytics (though I configured and activated it with "group by options" at logical component level).

In the /SSA/EXM - ECU customizing, I checked boxes for standard BW, BP Analytics Bench/Trend & declared some semantic Ids/BI gen. for the BP Analytics "group by" options at key figure & 1 semantic ID for monitor level.

See the custo. attached.

My custom monitor is first getting the list of Sales Open Orders then calculating the average amount of those open orders (€).

I didn't use the map field options as I consider this monitor as BackLog type, even if I calculate an average amount in the end.

Did I miss something ?

How can I check if some data is retrieved at managed system level for BP Analytics ?

Note: Standard key figures are running fine with BP Analytics.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Solman 7.1 SP8

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remi

I never try selection at monitor level.

But I suspect this.

Judging from the screen, you define 1 parameter at monitor level this has bi flag.

Then you also have some parameter at key figure level and here you specifies bi flag 1.2.3.4.

It seemes 1 is used twice.

If you do not have strong requirement, I would rather recommend to use just key figure selection ( not monitor level).

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I applied you reco. but it doesn't change anything. Still no data in Analytics.

How can I check if some data is retrieved at managed system level (or Solman) for BP Analytics ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remi

To resolve the issue, you need to detect where you have problem.

Possible problem parts can be 1 of the following.

1.Data collection in managed system with your coding not working properly

=>You can check your coding behavior with simulation program described in SAP Note 1521095.

Please check whether your coding working properly by using program ZBPMON_START_DC.

if data collection properly worked, you should be able to see collected data in managed system.

(As described in BPMon trouble shooting guide, with program /ssf/ptabbrowser, you can see

collected data. SE38 /ssf/ptabbrowser  -> (Relid TC,  Projectid  ECU)

There should be some entry starting with DI_Solution GUID  _MONITOR_MONID).

if there is a entry to your monid, this proof, data collection phase is ok.

2.Data transfer from managed system to SolMan analytics not working

Check the entry in your analytics cube(0SM_BPMRH) with your monid via t-cs listcube.
        if there is data, data is properly transfered from managed system to SolMan cube.

if data is missing, transfer has some issue.

Better to check, your monitor configuration in managed system.

Especially selection parameter and detail list customize via /SSA/EXM.

(param id, semantic ids are properly assigned between selection parameter and detail list).

In more detail, please check customer exit guide.

If you have no clue, better to open Open SAP incident ticket (formerly called OSS message).

3.Data is in SolMan Analytics cube but data retrival to Analytics is not working.

Recommend to check MDX connection in SM59 ->TCP/IP.

Analytics collect cube data with MDX RFC connection. So MDX connection has to work.

If MDX works and your data is in Analytics Cube, you have 2 possibilities.

3.1 missing authorization.  please chceck your authorization especially related to

role SAP_SM_BPOANA_ALL

3.2  Analytics runtime XML definition is not avaialble.

If your solman is less than Sp8 and not having analytics required notes described in

note 1759233, you may have to create XML definition manually via
                 connector deirectory  (go to connector directory from BPO workcenter lef side bar)

and conduct update AKF.

If all notes described in note 1759233, AKF update automatically carried out

when you activate your monitor. So no need to do this manually.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

Finally, the fact no data was showing up was due to the postprocessor mapping of detail list (in the customzing of specific key figure). It's really not optionnal for analytics if you need more than counters...

Still playing with postprocessors, sap docu being not exhaustive enough .

Thank you so far.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I am facing the same issue. I have created one customised object based on Sales Document (created).My custom monitor is first getting list of Sales Orders created. The configuration part is the same as you provided in the snaps. I am getting the alert and Detail info table in solution manager. But when I have configured tha analytics object for the same keyfigure I am not getting any value. Can you please provide the snap shot for postprocessor mappings that helped you in resolving the issue?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Rutvik Upadhyay.