Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Variant materials where we can maintain qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear i am sap sd consultant

i want to know one thing In VC

Example we are not maintaining separate material in MM01 For variant material only we maintain For main item

And maintain qnt in MB1C For main item same like For  same like this For Variant materials where we can maintain qty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A variant material that is received from production or purchased, the stock will be stored in the system per the variant characteristics.

Eg: you received stock for variant 1 and variant 2 from production. In MMBE you can see the stock per  variant for the same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a bit confused, MB1C is transaction for transfer posting . Can you please advise what are you looking for ? Where do you want to maintain the quantity ?

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear what i am looking is

Where we maintain stock ... In MB1C Suppose i have stock 0 For one material Now as usewell i will post the stock IN MB1C LIKE 500,600

Now i have Variant materials are there zero stock so i want to increase the stock plz tell me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes as Manosij said material variants ( configurable materials) are for make to order scenarios but if you want to stock configurable materials then you need to use variant but you will need to stock them by manufacturing them via production orders etc..

You will find more information in the following link.

Hope this helps

Material Variants - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Regards

Amber