cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for Office against data on HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone use Analysis for Office against data on HANA?   I am running into some problems with creating Calcuations in Analysis when we have hierarchies in the calculation view.    Also I am not able to see the measures in the folders that were created in HANA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

By your issue description I guess that you are not in the latest version of Analysis for Office. Please write on the tread the version that I can help you.

Last delivered support package is SP6 of version 1.4.

If the issue persists with the latest version you will need a LOG file according to the SAP KBA 1909644 to check if you received some message from HANA database.

Thanks,

Diego Ferrary

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on 1.4 patch 5.   I will get patch 6 and see if that resolves my problems.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo.

I installed Analysis for Office 1.4 patch 6 on my machine.  I am still getting my error.

Here are a few things to note about what I am doing.

• I am reading a calculation view on Hana that is not coming from BW.  The data was pulled from a SQL database and put on Hana.
  • The calculaton view has a hieracrhy in it.

I did create a log file.   Who could I contact to help me read through it?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patty - you should be able to attach the log files here, and possibly the community here could read them and understand them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not see how to attach the file originally.

Here is the error log.

The error is found towards the bottom:

cubeSchema>' (ERROR [S1000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB32 DLL][HDBODBC32] General error;258 insufficient privilege: Not authorized)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at notes, could you check this:

"

This error (shown in the error log) is normally caused by insufficient privileges of your HANA user which is stored in your ODBC connection.

Check if you are using the correct HANA user in your ODBC connection

Check if that user has sufficient privileges as described in the Quick Guide.

Dependent on your SAP HANA security settings, password of HANA users have to be changed in a defined period"

from note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1938654

While not specific to Analysis Office, the error appears to relate to HANA privileges.  This is just a guess on my part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note was not helpful.

I need to find out what security is needed in HANA to be able to create a calculation in Analysis for Office against a calculation view.

One of the HANA developers with full access is able to create the calculation in Analysis for Office.  But, we can't give everyone full access.  

What is Anaylsis for Office doing when you create a Analysis calculation?

below is part of the log file

What security would be needed for a general user to open Analysis for Office and create a Analysis calculation?

We are using Analysis for Office 1.4 patch 5.   We are on Hana 1. sp 7 patch 72

Unable to execute SQL statement (CREATE_COLUMN_VIEW) \: CREATE OLAP SCENARIO '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<cubeSchema operation="createCalculationScenario" version="3">

<calculationScenario name="prismdemo/CV_PRISM_MAIN_1398193158214" schema="_SYS_BIC">

<scenarioHints createInMemoryOnly="false"/>

<dataSources>

<analyticDataSource view="prismdemo/CV_PRISM_MAIN" schema="_SYS_BIC" name="columnViewSource">

<attributes>

<allAttribute/>

</attributes>

</analyticDataSource>

</dataSources>

<calculationViews>

<aggregation defaultViewFlag="true" name="defaultAggregation">

<inputs>

<input name="columnViewSource"/>

</inputs>

<viewAttributes>

<allViewAttribute/>

</viewAttributes>

<keyfigures>

<allKeyfigure/>

<calculatedKeyfigure datatype="double" aggregationType="sum" name="[Measures]_Formula1">

<formula>("INVOICE_ADDUP" + "TOTAL_INV_ACTL_ADDUP")</formula>

</calculatedKeyfigure>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

you need reporting rights (SELECT) on _SYS_BIC and your data (prismdemo)

That should be sufficient

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

To solve my issue of creating a calculation in my Analysis For Office, I was given 'CREATE OLAP SCENARIO and that solved that problem.

l ready have Select on Sys_bic for my data and I am not able to pull in the hierarchies that are in the calculation view.   My Hana admin gave me Select to all schema on Sys_bic and I was able to pull in the hierarchies.  Then she limited be to just the hierarchy in the schema and the data calculation view and I was not able to pull in the hierarchies.

Does anyone know what security is needed that would allow me to pull in the hierarchies created in my calculation view without having select to all schemas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am unable to pull Hierarchies from my calculation view. Any help on the privileges that need to be granted?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Was wondering if the note 1912195 would be of any help for you.

BR

Prabhith