cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows server installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've downloaded 13.0.7 runtime (msi) and installed it on a window server 2008 and my default site in IIS is configured for D:\ drive however after installing crystal reports I see that my crystal reports viewer is installed on c drive: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13. Is there any way to force the installer to install in the default website which is in d:\inetpub...???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio SCN Space.

There is no way to "force" the viewer to install to any other drive than "C". You will have to do a manual configuration of the viewer. One of the better descriptions on how to do this is here:

Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 – JavaScr...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an alternate fix, obviously a bit better maybe then those in the article above because I came up with it . You can modify msi using orca and change Target as shown below, then using a batch file execute the msi and pass in path for inetpub which you can then determine from registry  or use the same logic that determines where your site is installed.

msiexec /i <misname>.msi IISNET2VIEWERDIR="<path to inetpub>"

you can also hardcode it:

msiexec /I <misname>msi IISNET2VIEWERDIR="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\"

0 Kudos

Also, SP 7 introduced a few WEB issues, download SP 9 and use it.

Don

Answers (0)