Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynro iview flickers in SAP portal

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a web dynpro java application. This application has a view in which a message is present. This view needs to be visible to user through portal only once for a day.

In the  application the logic is written which shows the view only once to the user.

Now I have a web dynpro iview which refers to the above application. This Iview is directly assigned to a role and further this role is asigned to a user.

Now when the user opens the role then the view(wd java application view) is visible to it for only once i.e for the first time the user clicks on the role. But if usr clicks again on the role then this view(wd java application view) just flickers and the screen navigate to the next role which is required.

Issue is why the view((wd java application view)) flickers, it should not be visible after one time. It just flickers and go away.

What cold be the reason for this flicker. Please help.

The version is 7.31

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the developer implemented the logic of dynamically hiding the UI elements of the WDJ view based on some variable. The problem with that approach is that the view will still be displayed and only then the UI elements will be hidden. Easiest fix is to default all UI elements to Visible = None and only display when required. That said there are far better ways to deal with the requirement including dynamically hiding/collapsing of the iView.

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply.Actually the same application is working fine in portal 7.0 but after migrating it to 7.31 , this flickering issue exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without you actually sharing the details of the implementation and the SP levels of both portal and backend, I can only speculate. You could try to search for SAP notes in software component BC-WD-UR with the word "flicker" and see if any of the returned 18 SAP notes apply to your scenario.

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

The Sp of both portal and backend is 7.31 Sp8.

The application is designed in web dynpro java.

Please let me know if any more details required.