cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error accessing the system registry - VB6 / Win7 / CR8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am changing my development machine to a new one, going from Windows XP to Windows 7 32-bit.

With the old machine I had an error message when trying to open the References of some VB6 project.

According to this thread it occurs after installing CR8:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1309671

The execution of the procedure with Scr8_webregfix.exe was successful under WinXP, but now, on Win7, it is not possible, for security reasons (it doesn't allow to schedule the cmd.exe in interactive mode). The message given by the O.S. suggests the use of the command SCHTASKS, but I tried in several ways and no one was successful.

Does someone know a workaround to this issue?

P.S.: I need to have installed CR8, CRXI and CRXIR2 for the several applications I have to give maintenance.

Regards,

Isis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Isis,

Unfortunately the only version of CR supported on Windows 7 is SP 6 of CR XI R2. Also, CR 8 is not side by side compatible with any other version, meaning they shared common files so having more than one version on the same PC won't work. Mostly because some core files like crpe32.dll were installed to \windows\system folder.

Windows 7 has a Virtual OS option where you can run Windows XP. That would be about your only option to make this work.

Highly recommended you have use a single PC or image for each app.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

In my old machine (XP) I had the 3 versions of CR working side-by-side!

But OK, since I can't use CR8 under Win7 without using a VM, we will try to migrate these old applications to CRXIR2.

So I uninstalled CR8 from my system now, but the error message still appears when I try to see any project references window.

I believe that even uninstalling, CR8 damaged my registry...

Do you know how to use that utility Scr8_webregfix.exe under Windows 7?

Thanks for your help.

Isis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With the help of people from a VB group here in Brazil I found out how to solve this problem.

We need to execute the following command line at the prompt:

schtasks /create /RU system /SC ONCE /TN test /TR scr8_webregfix.exe /ST <time> /RL HIGHEST

After this execution, we can access the VB6 references window again!

I hope this could help someone else.

Regards,

Isis

Answers (0)