cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we call another flavor using launch button or script button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a Welcome screen ( 1st  flavor for SMEN transaction) . However I want to call another flavor ( 2nd flavor for SMEN transaction) from 1st flavor . Second flavor will have a few transactions ( for example which are used only for budgeting , so this flavor will work as a budget cockpit) . I know we can make both flavors available in users' flavor bar , but we really wanted to give them a push button which takes them to  this new flavor . This is less confusing for users . Is there a way to do that ?

Or is there a way to call Favorite folder ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What you could do is create a launch button which starts a URL of a shortlink, pointing to the transaction / flavor combination you need.

The only problem is that this will open another browser window or tab, and won't call the flavor in the same window it is initiated from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Tamas,

I will try this option. Thanks again.

R Puthran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thamas,

I tried doing what you suggested , but I am not able to point to the new flavor .I guess there is no control ID for a flavor and Dynpro screen for SMEN flavor are all same .

I am not able to open up just this new flavor , my link opens up to the same welcome screen with all flavors in flavor bar.

Thanks

Ruchi 

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you create a shortlink in the admin transaction for your transaction/flavor combination?

You should use that URL with the launch button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

Thanks a lot , it worked !

RPuthran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194736
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently there is no way to launch another flavor from within a script or using a launch button.

That said, we have heard this requirement from several customers and are currently evaluating this feature for future SP of Personas.

Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I guess this means that the upcoming support package will not contain this feature... I was hoping it would.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the update .