cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback FM for AET extension table values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want callback function module for fetching runtime values of AET Table(created as BUT000 extension).

For example, BUPA_GENERAL_CALLBACK will give runtime values for BP. Likewise is there any FM , to get runtime value of AET Table.

I want to fetch the value of record_id at runtime from AET extension table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusia,

If you call BUPA_GENERAL_CALLBACK itself, it has the table ET_BUT000_TD_NEW which is of type BUT000. That means this will have your AET custom added field as well. You don't need a separate FM.

Thanks,

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi Anusia,

If I understand you correctly you have enhanced the BP data model using the AET tool in SAP CRM.

If this is the case why are you looking for a function module to get the field values? Instead simply use the BOL to read business partner data. If you are not familiar with the BOL have a look at the following documents:

BOL Programing - CRM - SCN Wiki

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ddd4e6-32f9-2c10-9d88-

d993c4b0008d?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true

The fields you added  using the AET to the BP data model are automatically included into the BOL objects. If you, for example, extend BUT000 with the AET, the field will be available in the BOL object "BuilHeader".

If you want to stick with a function module instead it is important to note that the AET simply creates customer includes in the standard tables (e.g. BUT000). Therefore, you should be able to read the values using any of the standard function modules.

Christian

former_member182421
Active Contributor

The confusion here is we don't know in which layer is located, if is in the WebUI or in a report I agree on using BOL, but if he is in the API layer BOL doens't make sense there.

Cheers!

Luis