cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Availability Mirror crashes on Grant Connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have an environment with a consolidated database using SQL Remote to service 4 remote databases. We have just set up and installed the HA option on the consolidated database and its working just fine except for one problem.

We track the time between user password changes and when it exceeds 30 days they must change their password. If a user at the consolidated database changes their password the grant connect works and is actioned on the mirror database just fine. When a remote user changes their password we use a stored procedure to execute a passthrough of the grant connect. This arrives via SQL Remote and is executed correctly on the production consolidated database but when the grant connect reaches the mirror it brings that server down with an assertion failure.

I suspect we'll have to raise a case for this but I wondered if anyone out there had encountered a similar problem before I do battle with SAP's awful website(s).

TIA, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

What assertion number do you receive on the mirror server? 100904?

Does this happen every time a user changes their password, or intermittently?

Are users connected to the mirror server with read only access?

If you've migrated to SAP support, you can use this link to open an incident.

Thanks,

Mikel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version and build of SQL Anywhere are you using? e.g., 16.0.0.1823

Can you reproduce the problem using a small test database setup?

You might have better luck asking your question on the other forum: SAP SQL Anywhere Forum

To make an official report with a guaranteed response, money and a telephone are prerequisites.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Breck,

fwiw we're using  12.0.1.3726 and we have full support.

I decided to create an incident as we don't have the time to set up a complete test bed.

Why were you so kind in calling SAP websites 'execrable'? I gave up after having to login three times and go through three search pages. How do these people do business? What a tragedy that they've got their hands on SQL Anywhere.

I couldn't keep my temper any longer so a colleague will use the telephone. Maybe the old-fashioned ways are the best.

Paul

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wellll, it's not all bad news; that other forum isn't doesn't use the crappy software that runs this site, it is loosely based on the original stackoverflow / stackexchange design. Don't let the name fool you, please check it out: SAP SQL Anywhere Forum

...while your colleague is on hold, you can ask your question on the forum, can't hurt :]