cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have requirement for system refresh activity in development system and i would like to know what are pre-activity required for this other than when compared to normal system refresh and also please share me any link or snote related to this

Regard

Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

What kind of copy are you willing to perform 1) a client copy or 2) a system/DB refresh ?

Option 2) is not recommended when target is a development system as it is the only system that holds original version of DDIC objects.

Regards.

130906 - How can versions be transported?

You want to copy the versions of the repository objects from one R/3 system into another, for example because you are planning to copy your production system to your development system. Such a procedure does not correspond to the strategy recommended by SAP, to always retain the development system.

Furthermore you should note that the versions from the copied system are lost completely with this procedure.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way do perform a consistent DEV refresh is using TDMS solution.

Check if is good to you.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TDMS is great, but not free, TDMS has a license fee !

Regards

0 Kudos

Yes, it is license fee. But check if investment is good for you needs.

Some times is better invest and ensure a consistency in your work

Regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What Yves suggested is the one you should consider.

A system refresh on a development system is not a standard practice and not recommended.

If you still want to refresh the system them you should take the export of the version data from the development system.

130906 - How can versions be transported?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response guys

I have copied the user master data,RFC destination,version table and DEVACCESS table during pre-refresh but need to know more info on transport related tables and packages

Regards

Mohammed Sayeed

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Packages are stored in TDEVC, transport orders are mainly in tables E07*

But I'm not sure of the result you will get by importing the export of these tables from DEV into the copied PRD system....

You should try before on the test system because this is fully not supported and you could get a wired result...

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Normally we refresh the unit test client in development system either from QAS or from PRD to have some valid test data.

In such a case you may follow the pre-refresh steps like you do for QAS refresh from Production.

For eg:

-Export user master

- Noting client specific RFC destinations

etc.

DEV unit test client can be refreshed using client copy tools.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori