cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query for Vendor Payment in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am a sap abap developer with little knowledge in SAP MM and SAP FI modules.

As per some requirement of my company ,i have created a PO then its GR and finally IR.

Now when i checked EKBE table (History per Purchasing Document) , i found two record in this table out of which one with

VGABE = 1 (Good Receipt) & another with  VGABE = 2 (Invoice Receipt) .

Now my requirement is ,i want a entry in this table with VGABE = 5 (Payment) but i don't know how to do payment of vendor in sap so that this table will populate with a entry for payment type.

Please help me and let me know what will be the flow with tcodes to do the vendor payment in sap.

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Abhinav Goel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The EKBE table will have items related to PO history - so if you go to a PO line item and look at the PO history you will see an invoice but you will NOT see a payment.   Payments are not directly related to a PO and therefore no payment information would appear in your PO history and therefore it wouldn't be on the EKBE table either.

If you do down payment with reference to purchase order then it will be updated in purchase order history and also clearing down payment against invoice also get reflected in p.o history.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, As mentioned above, You will not find the payment info in EKBE table as po order history will not update the payment information. If you want to get the payment information, then you have to follow pass the Invoice Number (MIRO document number) to RSEG Table along with company code and fiscal year. Check with your FI Consultant whether IF MIRO Document number = FI Document number. IF it is same, then pass on that document number to BSEG along with company code, fiscal year and check for AUGBL field (clearing Document Number) which is actually payment document number. Reg Karthikeyan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Raja,

Thanks for your reply.

Your reply to my questions was quite helpful.

I followed your suggestions and created both down payment and clearing down payment document and both appeared in the purchase order histroy in PO.

Secondly EKBE table populated with two records with VGABE = 4 (Down Payment) .

But as per my requirement i was expecting a record in this table with VGABE = 5 (Payment) which is still not found in this table against the PO.

Please suggest me the needful changes.

Regards.

Abhinav Goel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As mentioned earlier, EKBE table will never have the payment information. It can maximum have down payment details (i.e. if any advance made against the PO) in EKBE table. You will never find a record in EKBE table with VGABE=5.

If you want to get payment info, as mentioned in my previous reply, you have go to FI tables like BSEG get payment document number (AUGBL field) and pass the same to PAYR table.

Hope this help  you.

Regards

Karthikeyan G

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table BSAK if payment made through automatic or manually by passing the invoice no as a object key in bkpf we will get the fi docuemnt and year i.e. gjahr and pass the belnr and gjahr into BSAK if document is available that means payment happend else not paid.

Regards,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Raman,

Thanks for your response to my query.

As per my company requirement i have to track duplicate payment made to the vendor against same PO.

So for that after completing the cycle PR-PO-GR-IR-F-53 finally i found two records in BSAK table out of which :

One record was  with my accounting document no from my invoice receipt of type RE.

Another record was with the vendor payment clearance document with type KZ.

Now again i have done payment to the vendor using F-53 tcode and now i found one more record with belnr = last payment document no and augbl = new payment document no. with type KZ.

So if i use below mentioned logic to track for duplicate payments made to the vendor ,then it will be fine or if not can you suggests me the needful changes in the logic.

1.) Check If record exists for my belnr no from invoice recipt in bsak.

2.) Take AUGBL No for this BELNR No and check if record exists for this AUGBL with type KZ.

Note:Means payment is done to the vendor upto this logic.

3.) Now if with the found record with type KZ any other record found with type KZ it can be taken of as duplicate payment made to the vendor.

Please suggest me if above mentioned logic is fine.

Regards.
Abhinav Goel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Raman,

Please find the screen shot of BSAK table records for the above mentioned steps followed by me for making duplicate payments to the vendor.

Accounting Document No: 5300000003.

AUGBL with type KZ: 1500000002.

Duplicate record for type KZ  with BELNR 1500000002: 1500000003.

Regards.
Abhinav Goel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if we controll not allow duplicate invoice there will not any issue kind of thing,ask your functional consultant to do the same.

if it's manual entries posted with po you can go with the above logic it seems to fine howerver we have to create more scenarios and do the test.

I hope it's helps.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is the different way to make the payment to the vendor

1. You can post the transaction code f-48 as a advance payment to the vendor

2. you can post with the print the check - transaction code f-58

3. You can make the automatic payment F110

4. You can make the payment by JV FB01 , FB05, against MIRO or clear with invoice

5. you can post payment by f-53 by clearing invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can make vendor payment in FI Module through various T.codes. For testing purpose you may try F-53 T.code. First give document date, select document type, give company code, select bank GL account in Bank data account tab. Enter amount and in open item selection enter vendor code for which payment needs to be made and clck on process open items. Check and revert for any doubts on this.  Pls find attached document for the same. Reg Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Ganesan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I followed you valuable suggestions and created the document for outgoing payments for the vendor and successfully received the message "Document No 1500000000 posted for company code 3000".

But as per my requirement still EKBE table is not populated with a record for this document with VGABE = 5 (Payment).

Please suggest me the needful changes.

Regards.

Abhinav Goel.