cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue - Query is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have creared an auth.object on zcomp_code. created a role and assigned to a particular user. I have included 20 comp.codes in this auth object. All is well except the query result

I have 2 variables in the variable pop-up screen. 1 is FiscYear and 2nd is zcomp_code (auth.variable). If i execute by not giving any value to comp.code, its showing "no autho". If I pass values then its giving proper result. Per my understanding, without input to comp.code it should display what and all are authorised to that particular role/user. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would like to show the result even there is no input to comp.code. Could anyone please suggest any approach to do this. Your assistance highly appreciable.

Note: the comp.code variable is of type auth. variable. optional, ready for input.

Thank you in advance!!!

Best Regards

Venkat....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venu_gopal10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Hope you did all necessary developments, however i guess there is something missing in assignment of authorization relevant obj. Please go through below link which has explained on possible errors for "No Authorization Error" during this type of development.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Characteristic+Value+Authorization++BI+7.0

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Venu Gopal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your kind reply and suggestion. This error is because of some standard objects has missed out in the Role. I have done some R&D based on all your inputs and resolved the issue.

All your inputs are much appreciated. Thanks ALL once again.

Best Regards

Venkat...

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What I feel is that if you dont give any value to the comp.code, the system will consider the scenario as ALL and it will fail with No Authorisation.(Because you have assigned only 20 company codes to that Auth object which in turn is connected to a role and further to a user id).

BR

Prabhith

former_member194802
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Run this query in RSSMQ tcode, in Logs you can check the missing auth details.

if this is analysis Auth then in RSECADMIN tcode run the query in Analysis mode wih repective user iD

Regards,

Vivek Tripathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venket,

Repeat the steps and where you are getting authorization error then execute the t-code su53 there you get the missing authorization so that u can provide missing authorization. hope this will resolved your issue.

Thanks & Regards

Syed

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the company code variable property -> variable as optional /mandatory?

select the optional value not mandatory.

same query run the in t-code - RSECADMIN -> go to analysis -> select execute as -> give the user name -> select with log -> select with log -> it will give which error your facing

then check.

Thanks,

Phani.