Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout is not defaulted in ESS My Expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone to transaction POWL_QUERY to maintain the layout variant

for FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP. After I saved the variant to be the default

variant for all, I logged into ESS and try to access the query.

However, the newly created variant layout is not defaulted.

I have also executed POWL_D01 to refresh the cache.

Anyone encountered this issue before or tried changing the default variant?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne

What is yout Basis version/SP level  - there are numerous BC-MUS-POW notes around this with 0001975395 and its pre-requisites being the most recent

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  We are on EHP7, SAP basis release 740, SP level 4.  I will check the OSS note. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not suprised it doesnt work and not sure any OSS note will solve the problem... I think it is because POWLs for FI-TV are "strangely" developed

Hopefully you can use an alternative way:

1/ Launch your fitv_powl_trips web dynpro application from se80

2/ Add &sap-config-mode=X at the end of the URL path and type enter.

3/ Use option buton to create your ivew as you did it in the layout (store it in a customizing TR).

4/ Launch POWL_D01 and it should be working now.

Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in to rant a bit, since this thread concerns two of my favourit pet hates, the Admin Personalization Layer and POWL

I am not suprised it doesnt work and not sure any OSS note will solve the problem... I think it is because POWLs for FI-TV are "strangely" developed 

This, exactly.

1/ Launch your fitv_powl_trips web dynpro application from se80

2/ Add &sap-config-mode=X at the end of the URL path and type enter.

3/ Use option buton to create your ivew as you did it in the layout (store it in a customizing TR).

4/ Launch POWL_D01 and it should be working now.

@ Matthieu: I object. IMO the approach Yvonne described in her opening post is the cleaner one. Doesn't matter much though, since the technical outcome of Yvonne's approach and yours is identical, only the 'functional point of entry' differs. However, implicit WDA Personalization that is supposed to be valid system wide and for all users should never never never be issued via the Admin Personalization Layer, i.e. &sap-config-mode=X, because:

• the Layer is overall superfluous and unstable
  • it is a User Specific customiziation, even if the user scope is "A"
  • Transporting Admin Personalization is a mess and scarcely works stable

@ Yvonne: What you should do now to clean things up is:

1. Delete your Admin Personalizations you've created via WDA WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER and Transport this Deletion (and hope the Transport works, otherwise delete the Personalizations on each subsequent system manually)

2. Repeat what you wrote you did in your opening post, i.e. TA POWL_QUERY, Button Layout-Variant, but then before doing anything, in the URL change the parameter from "&sap-config-mode=X" to "&sap-config-mode=config". You'll notice that orange-like banner above the application changing from "Customizing-Mode" to "Configuration-Mode". Now repeat doing your adjustments, save them, make a Transport, enter the Layout IDs in the query (Note: enter them via the F4-help, not manually) and finally run POWL_D01.

The outcome is an in-built component configuration that can be transported cleanly, isn't unstable and even works pretty well with the horrible POWL-technology. To verify that you've created configurations of the correct type, check WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_COMP, your configurations should be here. Subsequently check that the entries are NOT in WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER, if they are, things went wrong again.

Hope that helps

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate how to delete personalization via SE80 for WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow, in customizing mode, I am able to check the option 'Initial view'.  However, in configuration mode, this option is in display mode.  Able to advise?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

Can you please elaborate how to delete personalization via SE80 for WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER? 

There's actually not much to it. Go to SE80 browse WebDynpro Components for "WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER", test its application that has the same name, browse for the respective personalizations you want to delete and choose "delete" from the Table Toolbar.

Somehow, in customizing mode, I am able to check the option 'Initial view'.  However, in configuration mode, this option is in display mode.  Able to advise?

I can't technically explain why it has been designed this way, but in any case It's unnecessary to set your view as "Initial View" because you are going to assign it to the Powl via POWL_QUERY anyway.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)