|-> Group B

|-> Group B-Product 1

Then,

LevelInfoObjectKey/Text
10HIER_NODEAll Products
20HIER_NODEGroup A
30MATERIALGroup A-Product 1
20HIER_NODEGroup B

Over time, Group B-Product 1 was removed from Hierarchy.

I would like Bex to display Group B although Group B-Product 1 was already removed, like this:

All Products

|-> Group A

|        |-> Group A-Product 1

|-> Group B

But instead, I'm getting this since there is nothing under Group B:

All Products

|-> Group A

|        |-> Group A-Product 1

Appreciate any inputs at all.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldn't find a way for it to work in BEx.

But in Business Objects via BICS, member selector allows filtering out leaf nodes while still displaying its parent node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TJ,

For sure yes in BO tools like in WEBi, we have the options to play with Hierarchay in a much more desired way. If you would have mentioned the BO platform i would have suggested you to use the member selector.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's been a while, but I don't seem to be able to edit orignal post anymore.

Additional information:

BEx query is built on top of master bearing InfoObject, not transactional infoprovider like Infocube.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes FYI once you get a reply to your query then you will not be able to edit it anymore.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TJ,

The behavior of the hierarchy which you have mentioned is correct.

It happens because there is no transaction data for the second group B. And the system is just not able to display the node text itself.

However what you can do is look at the following option in BEx . With this option it will display the complete hierarchy if even the underlying info provider does not have a transaction data .

I am not sure if this is the complete solution but atleast it brings the rest of the nodes of the hierarchy .

Check the below screenshot and the highlighted portion :

Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That works if BEx query is built on top of a cube. I forgot to mention that this is built on top of InfoObject (Master Data) directly. So doesn't work.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Node without child nodes/leaves is as good as nothing. That's why report is ignoring that empty node.

You can try to select through Ctrl while restricting your Hierarchy in Single values in Filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to have that in despite being empty.

Thanks, tried that by trying to explicitly set filter to eg. "Group B" but nothing comes through unfortunately.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't select Group B alone. Try along with Group A, then Group B may come in the report. Give a try..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't work, thanks for the suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

How about create a historical hierarchy with the layout that you need and make a variable for selection and let the user to select whenever he needs?

I hope it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raúl, thanks for the input.

The problem is more on how to force hierarchy to show the text node without any infoobject child node underneath it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'll still face the same issue whilst trying to create the historical hierarchy.