cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailto URLs in erec email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement in SAP EREC where I require URLs in the email body to mimic the same URLs in the attached PDF. In the registration document sent to candidates the Smartform contains a text element with text set as a URL. The code snippet below then sets the actual URL to the text link.

data lt_url type table of ty_url.
data ls_url type ty_url.

ls_url-name = 'URL1'.
ls_url-url = 'mailto:abc@abc.co.uk'.
append ls_url to lt_url.

ls_url-name = 'URL2'.
ls_url-url = 'mailto:123@123.co.uk'.
append ls_url to lt_url.

ls_url-name = 'Adobe reader'.
ls_url-url = 'http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html'.
APPEND ls_url to lt_url.

CALL FUNCTION 'HR_RCF_SF_URL_REFRESH_GT'.

CALL FUNCTION 'HR_RCF_SF_URL_PREPARE_CALLBACK'
   TABLES
     PT_URL = lt_url[].

When the letter is generated this is fine in the PDF but in the body of the email the actual URL value (i.e. mailto:abc@abc.co.uk) is displayed.In the IMG Settings "SSF_PDF" is set as the format for the output channel "Email". Is it possible to override this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It depends what you want to do with the email body.

You could think of generating and assigning an own cover letter where eg. no link is shown at all in the body and where it gives just a reference to the attachment.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole

The business requirement is that when the cover letter is emailed to the candidate the email body generated from our custom Smartform needs to contain 'mailto' links to various departments within our organisation.

These links need to take the form of Link1 in the text but the URL is actually 'mailto:abc@abc.co.uk'. I use the code snippet in the original post to create this in other Smartforms but in the body of the email the text displayed is mailto:abc@abc.co.uk.

Cheers

Jon.

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Is the email already wrong in the content table of method CL_HRRCF_CS_DOC_CAT_SF_SUPER => IF_HRRCF_CHANNEL_MAIL-SEND_DOCUMENT?

Best regards,

Nicole