cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to define company code and its dependent entries for mm,pm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

kindly share that how to define company code and its dependent assignments for PM & MM module

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hitendra

Company code, Contolling area, Profit Center are Financials related fields and are mapped under FI Enterprise structure as its Org unit. Plant (Logistics Plant) is defined in MM. Related modules like PP, PM, SD extend this logistics plant in their repsective modules as Production Planning Plant, Production Plant, Maintenance Planning Plant, Maintenance Plant, Sales Plant etc.

Company code is never defined in any logistics moudle , its in Financials where it is defined. It is then assigned to the Plant in logistics thru which the company code gets populated easily in respective modules.In contolling end, its controlling area that talks.

IMG-->SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Enterprise Structure-->Definition-->Financial Accounting-->Edit, Copy, Delete, Check Company Code

This is a very broad upper level details for your query. Please search the SCN in relevant spaces for more information.

Award points if the above explanation was useful...

KR

Murad Ahmed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hitendra,

I think you should know the organization structure first which these modiles (PM,MM) follow. It help help you to understand the dependency /relevancy of organizational units with each other.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I know organisational structure but during posting i got many errors due to company code. i didnt define it properly and i guess somewhere i missing some steps to define it and its assignment. kindly share if you have any document related to company code definition as a whole