cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Explorer Analyzer 7.x Performance Issue while Uploading from File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When uploading or pasting more than 5000+ articles(materials) in reports Bex Analyzer is taking long time. It was pretty much faster with old version of Analyzer 3.x which is not working with our latest patch update. Our version is given below

BI Addon 7.x(based on  7.3) ; Support Package 5, Patch 1; Revison 1960. Any work around or Notes to make the performance similar to the old version of Analyzer 3.x.

Regards

Reshoi R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshoi,

Are you uploading text file ?

IF so , I will suggest try to save the text file data into .CSV and upload that, you will find improvement.

Tested ok for one of my current project

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vinod, will test it in our environment and let you know the result

Regards

Reshoi R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod

I have done as you suggested. Sure there is improvement but when we compare to the old version of Analyzer i could say it is negligible.

Regards

Reshoi R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check in market place for the latest SP and Patches for your version..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman

I believe I have installed the latest patch which is available. Please check the path which I mentioned is correct or not

BI 7.0 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.30 (SUPPORT PACKAGES AND PATCHES) --> Win32 --> BI730SP06_600-10011800.EXE

This is the latest patch Installed. I Hope this is applicable to Bex Analyzer as well.

Regards

Reshoi R

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is time difference you have observed in both versions while uploading? Is it negligible or substantial?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman

After implementing the latest support package SAPKW73011 the old version of Bex Analyzer 3.5 no longer works and after that we started to realize a substantial performance degradation. We were comfortable with old version of Bex Analyzer which was pretty fast. I have gone through certain notes related but of no use till now.

1175947 - Known Limitations of Analyzer with Excel 2007

1040454 - Front-end memory requirement of the BEx Analyzer

1882149 - BExAnalyzer Performance on rendering data

1498919 - Known Limitations of BExAnalyzer with Excel 2010

Regards

Reshoi R

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's better to raise an OSS message with SAP. They will provide you the best solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman

I know that by raising an OSS message is good option but it is always a good practice to get the best answer by all means like discussing the same in the forum because there are guys who can provide better solutions than SAP itself. Anyways thanks for the effort.

Regards

Reshoi R

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood my context. I have not asked you to close this thread and depend on OSS. You can wait for some more replies and in the meanwhile you may raise to SAP. That's What i mean..

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you working on migrated workbooks or in Analyzer? 3.5 Analyzer will work with BEx Gui 7.20 but not with 7.30. Try to install 7.20 in your machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman

Sorry I did not misunderstand you . Even SAP is suggesting to search for the better options before we raise an OSS message with them. If you go and raise an OSS message it is clearly mentioned there.

Even by installing BEx GUI 7.2 ( I have tried that too) we wont be able to work with 3.5 Analyzer if your Support Pack is SAPKW73011 and our SP is the same; almost latest.

Regards

Reshoi R

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will get back to you if I get anything helpful for you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suman