Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center capacity or WT generic

0 Kudos

Dear All

Is it possible to have Work center determination based on Bin capacity ,

if not then as second option

Is it possible to  have WT generic for work center determination where in the picker based on the available work center will enter the bin and confirm the task.

Please confirm with the storage type settings/role to accomplish the above..

regards

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I guess you found out already that a work center has no '"work capacity", so this is where the question comes from.

Having a determination based on Bin capacity is probably a bad idea, because what will you do if all bins are "full"? How many workcenters would you consider to be enough to always have one available, so that the create of the WT does not fail?

One possibility is to have the warehouse tasks generic, then the picker bringing it to the workcenter decides to whom he gives the HU.

The other possibility is to work with an inbound section. You use a storage section and a bin in your workcenter as inbound (there is a field for it in the definition for the work center), this bin you define in your process oriented storage control as destination bin.

In the next section you define you workcenters and for each workcenter one bin. When you log on to the workcenter, you see what HUs in the inbound section and you see what is in the bin assigned to the workcenter. The worker just selects the HU he wants to work on and and can move it with drag and drop in the work center from the inbound section bin to the bin for his work center.

You can also then use an outbound section, so when a worker has finished his pack task, he moves the HU to the next section, from where it goes away (but he still has to confirm the finalization of the HU).

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Dear Juergen

"Having a determination based on Bin capacity is probably a bad idea, because what will you do if all bins are "full"? How many work centers would you consider to be enough to always have one available, so that the create of the WT does not fail"

I might consider an overflow bin to inform any capacity overflow situation proactively .. Bin capacity error only appears for Storage type role E ( work center) and doesn't have the validation error for storage type role I ( work center in staging area group)

"One possibility is to have the warehouse tasks generic, then the picker bringing it to the work center decides to whom he gives the HU"

How to achieve the WT generic??  I have tried without bin entry ( Just storage type and section) in  txn/SCWM/PACKSTDT  but getting error" Put away rule in storage type 8031 must have category consolidation group.

BTW i tried the common section ,, it works fine and it is nice option if the picked products are deposited in the common bin ( common for all work centers)..

Please let me know how to go about with the WT generic

regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duraiajan

"One possibility is to have the warehouse tasks generic, then the picker bringing it to the work center decides to whom he gives the HU"

For achieving this, use exception handling on WT Generic for WC destination - CHDB and change the bin as per availability of WC.

Regards

Suraj

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

I have noted the exception process.. anyways that is available as last resort..

Here with WT generic we are looking  at guiding the picker to storage section level..

regards

Saravana

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I might consider an overflow bin to inform any capacity overflow situation proactively .."

That would help of course to limit the number of bins for work centers you would have to create. But you must also consider: as long as you do not build a very own strategy, the system would always find the first bin / work center, then the second, third, etc. Means work is never equally distributed.

"How to achieve the WT generic??"

This is a setting in the storage type, you can have it not generic (= with bin), only on storage type level or storage type and section. You also need to set up your determination in the POSC, there you would then enter only the storage type or type and section, but no bin.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi

Request you guys to validate the Work center functionality summarized below and provide your feedback/clarification if any.

Case 1: User decides on the bin during confirmation

It is realized through POSC setting for OB02 ,,either having storage type or type and section without bin.

Open Points:

• WT generic setting at storage type doesn't need to be generic ( values 1 and 2) , It can still remain as not generic (=with Bin)
  • It doesn't work based on work center determination setting(/SCWM/PACKSTDT) and having rule based checked at POSC..

Case 2: User will drop the picked items in common work center

It is done by having common Inbound section shared between multiple work centers and then the pack center user drags and drops the items/HU from common bin to working bin .. If required there can be an additional bin to reflect the completed work.

Case 3: Based on consolidation group

It is achieved by having Consolidation group as Put away rule and work center determination based on consolidation group.(/SCWM/PACKSTDT)

System dynamically determines the bin per consolidation group.

Open Points:

• If there is no work center available during picking for a particular consolidation group ( means all available  work center are occupied with different consolidation groups) then surprisingly the pick is directed to staging area ( Is this expected behavior??)

Case 4: Work center determination Based on Remaining capacity

BADI Development..

Thanks Juergen for your inputs ,, Now i am convinced with the  validation( error message) at storage type configuration of having both storage type role E and capacity check active..

regards

Saravana

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Case 1: User decides on the bin during confirmation

It is realized through POSC setting for OB02 ,,either having storage type or type and section without bin.

Open Points:

• WT generic setting at storage type doesn't need to be generic ( values 1 and 2) , It can still remain as not generic (=with Bin)"

I would think you still need to set this as 1 or 2. But trying is always the best...

"It doesn't work based on work center determination setting(/SCWM/PACKSTDT) and having rule based checked at POSC.."

I did try the other way, using a deconsolidaton step, so I can not confirm this. But my gut feeling says - no, rule based does not work here.

"Case 2: User will drop the picked items in common work center"

Just for clarification: this is a bin which is NOT connected to a work center. Every work center needs a bin assigned to it, but the bin in the inbound section (and also one in the outbound section) would not have a work center assigned to it.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duraiajan

I hope this can be achieved via exception handling of WT confirmation in foreground.

In any scenario use  CHDB on WT for wc bin and change the bin manually as per availability and capacity.

if not check, check  wc badi for finding WC as per capacity.

Regards

Suraj