cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country-Specific Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In the Chart of Accounts definition, it tells us that you can assign in total 3 Chart of Accounts for a GL account:

1. Operating Chart of Account - For daily transactions

2. Group Chart of Account - Corporate level reporting

3. Country-Specific Chart of Accounts - Local laws/currency specific

I am aware that Operating and Group Chart of Account you can simply configure within the GL account. My question is, where do I set-up the Country-Specific Chart of Accounts to assign to a GL account?

Thanks,

Josef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef

You assign the Country COA also to a company code just like you assign an operational COA. You can do this in transaction code OB62. Once you assign country COA to a company code, you can assign the country G/L account number to an operational G/L number in the G/L account master data (Control Data tab -> Alternative account number field).

You assign a Group COA to an operational COA directly in OB13. Whichever company codes have the operational COA will implicitly be assigned the group COA as well. Now you can enter the Group account number in the G/L account master data.

Please note that operational COA G/L account to country COA G/L account is a 1:1 map.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks for your response!

I have a few clarifications though.

1. What do you mean by country GL account number?

2. The concept I have right now is that I have a GL account number and in the settings via FS00 I can assign a group COA and the operational or primary COA. How do I get to have the GL account number also assign to a country COA?

3. Also, what is the purpose of having a different COA and how will this exactly impact FS?

Thanks,

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef

1. Country G/L account number in the sense a G/L account which is created under the country COA

2. At the end of the day, Country COA creation is the same as any COA. So, the G/L accounts that you create under a country COA are created in the same way as for a normal COA. If you use FS00 to create an operational COA G/L account say 123, you use the same transaction code to create Country COA G/L account say 456 (In the COA field, you select your country COA instead of operational COA). Once both 123 and 456 are created, you go into G/L account 123, and assign 456 in the alternative account number field in the control data tab. This is how you link G/L accounts under both COA's.

3. The purpose of having 2 different COA's is to report your Financial statements in 2 different formats. In a client, it is prefered that we have a single operational COA for all the company codes so that other aspects like Controlling area do not pose any design concerns. In such a case, you have country COA assigned to each company code as well so that you can report as per the country requirements.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I have account 123 in operational COA linked to an account 123 (same account number) to a country COA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Josef, you can have it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (0)