cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Favorites and Custom AFP Framework lead to wrong WindowID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy all,

we have developed a custom framework based on the Ajax Framework Page.

When a user adds this page to the favorites using the IE-Favorite Button...

and shows the page, the following Message appears.

The Error is due to the following request:

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fevery_user!2fgeneral!2fdefaultAjaxframeworkContent!2fcom.sap.portal.contentarea?windowId=WID1397636159803

being triggered by the favorite.

In the response the WindowID does not match the current WindowID read by the EPCM.

<!--

if (EPCM.getUniqueWindowId() != 'WID1397636159803') { alert("Beim\x20Starten\x20des\x20iView\x20ist\x20ein\x20Fehler\x20aufgetreten.\x0a\x20Die\x20Anwendung\x20\x27\x2fwebdynpro\x2fresources\x2fsap.com\x2fpb\x2fPageBuilder\x3bjsessionid\x3dRrs168KK7R\x2dP10dQ8nA2r0ZuNJtpRQFKxR0A_SAP\x27\x20l\xe4uft\x20in\x20der\x20falschen\x20Client\x2dWindow\x2dID.\x0a\x0a\x20Schlie\xdfen\x20Sie\x20den\x20Browser\x20und\x20melden\x20Sie\x20Ihrem\x20Administrator\x20diesen\x20Fehler.")}

try {

EPCM.DSM.registerAll('com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynproPageBuilder', 'GUSID\x3a6dah9Hc7KrlLQFt_mwNn3Q\x2d\x2dPYK_Ezdlg_JPMPJRnIcxrg\x2d\x2d', '1397639310137');

} catch(ex) {

EPCM.DSM.registerFullKey('GUSID\x3a6dah9Hc7KrlLQFt_mwNn3Q\x2d\x2dPYK_Ezdlg_JPMPJRnIcxrg\x2d\x2d', '1397639310137');}

//-->

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks a lot

Lucas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Gabriel,

thanks for your hint. It is actually a workaround that depends a lot on the user acceptance, since it requests the user to adapt her behavior.

The real question is what SAP did in its own Ajax Framework to make it work?

regards

0 Kudos

Hey there Lucas,

Have you checked the SAP KBA 1910712 about this subject?

As you can see in the KBA, you should add the favorite through the menu option "Add to browser favorites" directly from Portal.

Let me know if either this helped or you have already tried that.

Regards,

Gabriel Nunes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

yes, we are familiar with the note, but its not a real help, since the provided solution means also a change in the behaviour of the enduser. We cant do this in our environment, I guess I dont need to outline the reasons.

Let me say also following on the issue: following that we also did test a favorite in SAP AFP and found the problem to be not occurring. Further: in fact the stored WindowID in the favorite seems to be the time stamp from creating the favorite as far I got it, and in that case of course cant match the delivered one through the portal at calling up time. I hope we debugged that one properly and my assumptions are right. Please feel free to correct me. However, this makes it a bit curious, since SAP standard dont failes, we assume it must be something about the framework. SAP AFP must supress the discrepancy between favorite WindowID and the current time stamp, we probably didnt got deep enough in it to find out how they do it. Any ideas? Thanks,

regards

0 Kudos

Hey Lawrence,

So, I'm not sure I got your point across, but I see you are trying to generate a favorite that would lead one to that page, there is really no need to check the WindowID, since it is irrelavant to the navigation. By adding through the menu option inside the portal, it will determine the ShortURL to that page and embed it in the URL. You can see the WindowID is there, but if you remove the WindowID, nothing will change, as it will lead to the navigation you were expecting anyway. You must set the portal to use ShortURLs then it will automatically generate a ShortURL to every navigation nodes you have in portal. You could then check the ShortURL leading to your custom page and attach it to the URL in favorites. Please, refer to this link to get more info on ShortURLs.

Please, forget the WindowID thing, it is surely not relevant for storing favorites

I hope this helped!

Regards,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

I appreciate your help on this topic, thank you. We had already the suspicion we dont need the WindowID for navigating and are familiar with use of ShortURLs, as far I remember they are stored in a DB table in fact. Certainly as Lucas already mentioned every solution leading to change of enduser behavior is not a possibility. On the other site we cant take any influence on the creating process of favorites through IE.

Regarding that points the only solution seems to find out what the SAP AFP is doing different comparing to our custom framework. I have actually an idea to modify accessing iframe URL to remove this parameter there on load, could work like that:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6765356/dynamically-change-onload-for-an-iframe

regards

Edit:

So, I'm not sure I got your point across, but I see you are trying to generate a favorite that would lead one to that page, there is really no need to check the WindowID

and of course: we dont do that in our framework . The popup is caused by SAP JS.