Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for HTML troubleshooting - stuck at splashscreen

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I'm quite new to NWBC for HTML and I'm trying accessing to an SRM system via transaction NWBC.

Notice I'm just a guest on that system so I cannot go for note applications directly; I could eventually direct tech staff in order to approach any problem but I'm trying anyway to figure out what could be the issue.

Shortly; launching the NWBC transaction, the usual IE window with role selection pops up. I can then select a "node" (say, the root one, /nwbc). Then the splash screen appears but  when the progress bar reaches more or less half of the lenght, it freezes and remain stuck'd.

I can see from ST22 that after a while, a dump for TIME_OUT appears due to (I guess) an infinite loop in method GET_BREAD_CRUMB_HTML:

23   if user_info-accessibility is not initial.

24     concatenate text delimiter canvas_control_name delimiter skip_message delimiter_dot ente

25     CONCATENATE `<a id='content-area' href='#masthead' title='` text `'>` html `</a>` INTO h

26   else.

27     READ TABLE nodes ASSIGNING <node> WITH KEY object_id = id.

28     if sy-subrc is initial.

>>>>>       WHILE <node>-is_top_level <> abap_true.

30         READ TABLE nodes ASSIGNING <node> WITH KEY object_id = <node>-parent_id.

31         if sy-subrc is initial.

32           CONCATENATE `<a href='?sap-nwbc-node=js_req' onclick='pro54_submit("` <node>-objec

33                  INTO html.    "#EC NOTEXT

34         endif.

35       ENDWHILE.

36     endif.

37   endif.

I guess there's something that should be fixed in terms of configuration; I checked in SICF transaction and /sap/bc/nwbc node is active (and all the subnodes); however, testing nwbc_test, an empty IE page pops up.

Could someone help me addressing what could be the problem, so that I can provide extra info to the techies?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Highly possibly the Runtime Environment and/or the Unified Rendering is too old. But in case the test page is empty, first is more possible. You can check the Runtime Environment with KBA 1864151 - please use section 2. Most current is PL37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Provide the following details: SAP_BASIS version and SP level, NWBC ABAP runtime version and patch level, UR version and browser type and version.