cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment not reflected in CJI3 report

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

We have an issue with downpayment request to be reflected in cost reports. User has done automatic payment run for downpayments against a PO assigned to Network Activity. This payment also has a cancellation but none of them is reflected in CJI3 report though Value Type 12 is chosen for the run. We have also tried the STD PS report for reflecting downpayments S_ALR_87013536. I dont find any configuration issues as there are seven old entries in system which had downpayment posted and it is rightly reflected in CJI3 as well as the other standard reportsd. May I know what else may be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

As the problem still persists in our production system see the reply from SAP: "Hello Customer Firstly  can you ensure there are NO red lights in CJVC Can you also please review the following information which should be off assistance Please try to use t-code RKACSHOW to check how many data you get in table COSPA and RPSCO. You may refer to note 28145 for further information in regard to this report." Looking into our system there are red lights in CJVC. For Cost Element 240618 for which the error has been reported there are no red lights. Further we have seen Cost Elements having red light being reflected in CJI3 as a down payment entry. Do I need to remove all red lights?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think downpayment is a revenue or cost on the project and hence shoudl not appear in CJI3

Downpayment is not a revenue - it is an advance

E.g

I have  a sales order for 100 GBP

Downpayment of 10 GBP (advance - goes to another account, not revenue account)

First milestone payment - 40 GBP and I choose to clear downpayment - so customer will only pay 30 GBP, but revenue account against WBS will show 40 GBP (10 GBP is now converted from advance to revnue and 30 invoiced to customer = 40 GBP) - this is now visible in CJI3

This value flow for downpayment can also be seen in the cash managment flow report if cash management is active

regards

virendra

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, Any suggestion now.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you please help me here. I did the teating as suggested. Regards, Suman

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul, As you mentioned I checked the table COFP with both the PO number and the OBJNR of the Network Activity and I could not find any entries. So the very first point you suggested is not matching here. As I told you before I have also tried to run CJEN in production and got the warning messages regarding cost elements assignment to value category missing. Further there are no entries even in table RPSCO.

gangappab
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

In CJI3 initial selection screen, Extras--> Select Value Type --> Select Downpayment as operating expense.

This will include downpayment values in report as expense if required.

Allocate points if found useful.

Regards,

Gangappa

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you want to display down payments CJI3 report you need to check few things.

1) Is the project cash management is activated in the project .if the PCM is not activate the payments will not reflect in the project.

2) check WBS is maintained in the specified down payment request or not

Thanks

R.B.Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Downpayment, these are special G/L accounts set up in system.

Try in FBL1N and check against Special G/L account check box.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

FBL1N is giving correct results for this vendor account and when run with special G/L indicators. The problem is now that it is neither reflected in CJI3 with val type 12 nor with standard report S_ALR_87013536. I am yet to try out CJEN or CJBN and try running the report again. The original issue is A downpayment was issued to the Vendor through one of the cheque and this was subsequently cancelled. Both these line items are reflected in FBL1N and also in PO History. In CJI3, the standard cost report for Downpayments and RPSCO table these are not reflected. User wants to know that these costs have actually flowed back to the Networks but how to prove this unless it is reflected somewhere. Is some config missing for this? In the RPSCO table I find some old dowmpayments from previous years being reflected. SAP suggested before that there may be inconsistencies in the cost element which can be checked in CJVC. What else needs to be checked?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, down payment will be shown as ACTUALS on PS reports? I suppose they should be on commitment report as unless you clear downpayment with actual invoice, they won't become actuals right?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3276052   

Above link may be useful.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Downpayment is cleared here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Check the COFP table either with the PO number as input or the activity OBJNR as input.

You should see both the actual posting for the downpayment, clearing of the downpayment and even the cancellation. In your case, since you are saying that downpayment is cleared you should not see any value against value type 61. However, you are also saying that there is a reversal posted for this downpayment.

Could you tell us how the reversal was done? Assuming that you have still not done F-49, and used F-54 to do the clearing, could you tell us if this clearing was reversed/reset using FBRA?

If yes, you should see the down payment value in COFP table against value type 61.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing, is your corresponding PO line-item is showing in CJI3? Check that.

May be Problem with cost element. That is why it commitment/actual haven't generated.

Regards

Shishir

former_member225123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Run the Reconstruction Program once followed by CJEN, CJBN.

Also check the settings in OAYB for transaction type 15.

Regards

Gaurav Ahuja

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check first RPSCO table like down payment is being storeor not?

refine with value type 12 for down payment

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

No this postings does not appear even in RPSCO table. I have tried RPSCO for this Network activity but no entries for value type 12 or 61.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suman

Check for the Account assignment data in the line item of Downpayment.

Let us know if that is the case.

Regards

Praveen B.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have run CJEN? If not then run and check again in CJI3 with VT=12.

Regards

Shishir

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in my response I would like to go through all your suggestions one by one. I ran CJEN for this Network code in test mode and found that there are almost 9 cost elements for which value category could not be determined. Can this create a problem for the downpayment not to be reflected in report CJI3? Further I am doing some more testing in our pre-prod system and let you know my findings.