cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting ERROR: The ASSERT condition was violated. while try to add custom CHIP in side panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am getting error "ERROR: The ASSERT condition was violated." when I try add my own Web dynpro CHIP in side panel of the FPM application.

I have created CHART UIBB configuration under web dynpro component BS_ANLY_CHART_UIBB and added it in FPM_UCW_COMPONENT configuration.

And finally I have created CHIP using FPM_UCW_COMPONENT configuration.

After that I have added my CHIP from CHIP Catalog to the side panel.

But while executing the side panel I am getting "ERROR: The ASSERT condition was violated" error.

In  ST22  they have mentioned  error in below area:

Category                   :ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors          : ASSERTION_FAILED

ABAP Program         :  CL_FPM_COMPONENT_MANAGER======CP

line -> ASSERT mo_fpm = so_non_multi_instantiable.

Please help to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Saranya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya,

this assertion indicates that you have more than one instance of non-multiinstantiable FPM running.

Please have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/a8/bf693956ac4fa6bc7377b563c30c51/content.htm?frameset=... regarding Multi-Instantiability and make sure that these conditions are fulfilled.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian Guenther. It works fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

I get the same issue as you, could you please help me to solve the problem? I didn't find a tutoriel which explain how configure the muti-instantiation.

Thanks,

Kalthoum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferjeni,

I resolved the error by creating a custom feeder class for chart UIBB and added this custom feeder class during chart UIBB creation. Refer the below link and create your custom feeder class by copying "CL_BS_ANLY_CHART_FEEDER" standard feeder class.

FPM CHIP Integration - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

If you are unable to follow the steps/ create custom feeder class, then let me know. I will post the steps to be followed to create custom feeder class.

Regards,

Saranya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya S,

Thank you for your help, issue solved. Now I'm able to do multiple instantiation but I get another issue. I embedded an FPM application UCW into webdynpro Non-FPM, my webdynpro non-FPM contain other embedded components non FPM, the problem is that the FPM UCW doesn't appear immediately,it appears only after any action from other embedded component (like refresh button). With FPM OIF it works fine. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Kalthoum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferjeni,

Unfortunately I have only limited expertise in this area and I havent faced this scenario also. So i dont have any idea,

Regards

Saranya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Check this out : CL_FPM_COMPONENT_MANAGER .This might help you out.

Thanks

Katrice