cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India Income Tax Depreciation - Fiscal Year Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have implemented new India Tax depreciation solution FIN_LOC_CI_8 available from EHP5. This solution calculates tax depreciation based on India fiscal year variant (V3) and uses block concept for tax depreciation.

We have a situation where company code fiscal year variant is K4 (Jan-Dec) i.e., For year 2013, Company code fiscal year closes on Dec 2013 but user will update and calculate Tax depreciation at the end of India Fiscal year i.e. March 2014. So, when tcode J1I_UPDBLKTRNS “Update Asset transaction details at Block level” is executed for period March 2014, error pops-up “Year entered is not open for Company Code” 

For this, SAP has recently come-up with OSS note 1964284 which enhances the report (J1I_UPDBLKTRNS) to check on period level instead on year level. After applying this note system is able to calculate tax depreciation till Dec 2013. But when the report is run for period March 2014 (FY2013), system still pops-up same error “Year entered is not open for Company Code”.

Let me know if someone has solution for this.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved with Note 1997948.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank

We are trying to confiigure Income tax depreciation  for India Company Code assigned to FSV(Oct-Sep). The Income Tax Dep Area has been configured on Group Asset Period Control (IT/NL).

In the given  scenaraio  the Asset was created and assigned to Group Asset. The Asset was acquired on 1 Oct. 13,  the India Tx dep - was calculated at 50% of specified rated but looking into Asset Explorer, it was until end of Sep'14 instead of Mar-14.

Let me know can this issue be resolved by using FIN_LOC_CI_8  wherein  the India Dep is calculate as V3  ie until end of Mar, instead of Sep

Thanks

Rohit Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The new solution (FIN_LOC_CI_8) calculates tax depreciation based on V3(Apr-Mar) fiscal yr variant. This is hard-coded in the program. For this solution, there is no need to configure group assets and also maintenance of tax dep area in OADB is not required. You only need to assign your India book dep area for tax calculation. Hence, you can't see tax deprecation in asset explorer, but there is separate t-code for that.

Please check note 783919 for step-by-step configuration and process.

Let me know if you any question on this.

Thanks,

Mayank

Answers (0)