cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS - Leave Request Page is not loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

When the manager tries to approve the leave request i am getting the follwoing error.

Can anyone help to fix this issue.....

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have maintained the task parameters properly in SWFVISU.

Which is the version your using , WDABAP or WDJAVA based applications ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using  WD ABAP version.

Regards,

Mahesh

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maintain the task TS21500003 parameters in SWFVISU

APPLICATION hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl

DYNPARAM LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}.&WDCONFIGURATIONID=HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ&LRF_ARQ_MODE=A

NAMESPACE sap

SYSTEM_ALIAS SAP_ECC_HumanResources

once above steps are done then Re-register the UWL in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the reply.After changing the parameters screen is loading in Standard MSS role.

But, i dont want to use the standard MSS role(line manager), i have copied the workset overview from Standard role to the custom role in portal. When i assign both the standard mss role and custome role (which has only uwl) i am able to view the  leave approval

When i assign only the custom role to the manager i am uable to see the approval form.

Is their any way to access the leave approval form using only custom role without assiging the standard MSS role,

Regards,

Mahesh

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you copy the Universal Worklist iview to your custom folder and assign to custom role

It should work. Only thing that user id should have the authorization for that custom folder or role which you have created as well as in ECC side make sure required authorizations are assign.

In standard ESS role there is no authorization provided for transaction SWNWIEX. It's available only in MSS role.

So, In ECC side you have to assign the authorization for transaction SWNWIEX in your ESS role, then that user will get all tasks in UWL with out assigning the MSS role in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have assigned the all the permissions correctly in the role level as well as folder level.

Task is comming into the inbox correctly,but when i click on the task for approval i am getting portal error.

This is the standard MSS (line manager)role where i can see the leave request.

This is the custom role which i have created, even here i can see the leave request with only work overview workset which i have copied from standard mss role.If the standard role is assigned then i can open the task inside My Task role(custom role) and i can approve.

But when i remove  the standard mss role and open the task in the custom role i am getting the Portal runtime error.

Regards,

mahesh

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct , it will give error since it's due to missing authorizations. As I said above you assign the transaction in ECC side authorizations and check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but when the i assign the standard mss to the user its working perfectly without any error, now i didnt assign any transaction in ecc side and this user is manager he will only approves the leaves.

So if i want to use only custom role i have assign the authorization for the transaction SWNWIEX in ECC side?? if yes please tell me the process of assiging as i dont have much knowledge on that

please correct if i am wrong....

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you compare your role with working one in PFCG? you can do role comparison for missing authorization you can use ST01 trace too. But if you custom role also, we usually copy from standard MSS role and then customize it this is the best practice

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

¿It is happening once the manager is going to approve? ¿On the POWL, or from the standard WDA?

Or

¿It is happening once the manager want to view the detail of a request and navigate to the standard WDA?

¿Did this error leave any trace on the ST22 or SLG1?

Regards

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

yes, when the manager tries to open the in the UWL, the is opening in a new pop-up window with the above error message.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

implement the note 1600953, and re register the workitems and cache as examplied it updates the entries from SWFVISU into XML or add manually into the xml replacing the standard one Please read here same issue http://scn.sap.com/thread/3300063 also, you need to check your system connection as explained above in my replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I am made the neccessary changes,now i am getting an different error. please find below screen shot

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

request should be approved only from POWL or UWL and not from SBWP! where you are trying to approve this? did you mentain the correct tasks as mentioned above in the note and as Shankar also noted. And also what WF id is maintained for your absence in V_t554s_web, you should use the new ones. 215000* etc