cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use MSM of Crystal Report in WIX created MSI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am integrating MSM for Crystal Report version 13_0_8 / 13_0_9 . I am getting error while compiling the MSI which is being created with WIX as authoring tool. The code added in WIX:

<Merge Id="CrystalReports" SourceFile="CRRuntime_13_0_8.msm" DiskId="1" Language="0" />

<Feature Id="CrystalReports" Title="Crystal reports 13.0.8" AllowAdvertise="no" Display="hidden" Level="2">
   <MergeRef Id="CrystalReports"/>
   </Feature>

I refereed WIX forum they said to test with Smoke.exe of WIX for Crystal Report Merge Module. The errors are same and they have said to inform SAP and ask them for help in this area: Please could you provide me a solution:

The errors are:

Error    7    ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry134    light.exe    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Error    8    ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry135    light.exe    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Error    9    ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry136    light.exe    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Error    10    ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry137    light.exe    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Error    12    ICE57: Component 'Registry.C30C5662.3363.4CB6.9374.63F0E641165B' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.    light.exe    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Error    22    ICE83: The MsiPublishAssemblies action MUST be present in AdvtExecuteSequence table.    C:\Users\IC009949\AppData\Local\Temp\egx_5uom\SetupABTSite.msi    0    1    SetupABTSiteMSI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience with WIX. I do know deployment projects in VS and InstallShield work. Unfortunately, I will probably ping pong you back to WIX... E.g.; if you create a test setup project in VS, does it work? If it does, it will have to be WIX to tell you why this works in VS and InstallShield and not in WIX.

Or they will have to come here and see if they can figure it out with us...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I have found the problem areas for the following errors:

Error 7 ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry134 light.exe 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

Error 8 ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry135 light.exe 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

Error 9 ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry136 light.exe 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

Error 10           ICE03: Invalid registry path; Table: Registry, Column: Key, Key(s): crystalreports.cpp.share.registry_4.0_core_32.Registry137 light.exe 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

Error 11           ICE57: Component 'Registry.C30C5662.3363.4CB6.9374.63F0E641165B' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath. light.exe 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

Error 21           ICE83: The MsiPublishAssemblies action MUST be present in AdvtExecuteSequence table. C:\Users\IC009949\AppData\Local\Temp\yvpqo0za\SetupABTSite.msi 0 1 SetupABTSiteMSI

In ORCA I can observe:

Error 7-10 are due to the incorrect entries added in the msi for registry values 134-137. Following is the incorrect values added: There is a double slash in registry values:

The error11 is that the same Component 'Registry.C30C5662.3363.4CB6.9374.63F0E641165’ is being used to added registry values in HKCU as well as HKLM. The selected value is being o HKLM from the same component which is being used to add registry values in HKCU.

Thanks,

Aditya

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this is the problem. I looked through the msm files all the way back to SP 1 and the registry notation is the same. Always. And I know it works in VS .NET, InstallShield and Wise. I also don't think double slash is bad. Not according to this:

MDGx Registry Guide + Hacks

I think going to WIX and asking them to support their software by coming here and asking the questions rather than you doing their work will be the way to go.

- Ludek

Answers (0)