cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Rows Repost in Integrated Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Planning Experts,

I am working on Integrated planning, and implemented standard Repost planning function , and the solution is working fine.

As all you know standard Repost planning function is for single row repost , as variables used in standard repost is always of type single values.

I have a requirement that I need to repost the multiple rows at a time. Means , from the analysis item grid on web template , i will select the multiple rows and repost them .For this i done below steps

1. Created the variables which will carry multiple values , and used them in Repost function .

2. Selected  two rows on analysis grid, and reposted them ,Repost worked fine , but the key figure value is aggregated .

Let me explain with a example:

Row 1-----------> A B C      10

Row 2------------>A B D      10

Now selected the above rows and changed the value A to E , and executed the Repost function through a planning sequence . i got the below

Row 1-----------> E B C      20

Row 2------------>E B D      20

Expected result :

Row 1-----------> E B C      10

Row 2------------>E B D      10

Can any one  please help me on this , help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

to be able to help you here, you need to give better information about what is A B C D E?

What char do you want to change? What is the From value? What is the To value? Which of those values is filled by variable and how is the variable filled.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia .

Thanks for the reply, I implemented Standard Repost function , and it is working fine.

Lets take the example as below .

Character                   Country    Org unit                key figure

Row1                            SE          Org 1                      20

Row 2                           FI            Org 2                     30

I placed a button in Web Template and assigning the source variables as

VAR_Country = SE ,

VAR_Org unit = Org 1

and then filling target variables from user interface as

TAR_Country = NR

TAR_Org unit = Org 3.

Now reposting , and Repost is working fine and Row1 changes to NR  Org 3 20.

For Single record , repost is working fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirement: I want to select two rows means Row 1 and Row 2. So source variables will have the values as

VAR_Country = SE;FI

VAR_Org unit = Org1;Org2

and i am filling the target variables as

TAR_Country = SE;FI

TAR_Org Unit = Org3

Expected Result :

Row 1 :      SE      Org 3    20

Row 2 :       FI       Org 3   30

What I am getting :

Row 1 :      SE      Org 3     50

Row 2 :       FI       Org 3     50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow key figure values are aggregating ,

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

repost works as expected. First it collects all record with country = SE or FI and ORg = ORg1 or Org2

and then reposts it to the new values.

Actually you have to execute the repost function for every combination: first (FI, Org1), then (SE, Org2), then you will get expected result.

Regards,

Jürgen

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

if only the org unit changes, you need to mark only this info object as "field to be changed".

The way you have it defined right now no other result can be expected.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks , yes you are right , but do we have any standard program or procedure to capture the all the combination of source and target variables and run the Repost function , I mean  do you have any sample code to start with .

Regards

Shyam

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Cornelia ,

Thanks again,

I am just giving the example that Org unit is going to change.  I am having 7 characters need to be change , all the info objects are placed as " field to be Changed" .

There i am getting the problem and the key figures are aggregated .

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam ,

I see  3 rd column(with value C & D) is a differentiating characteristic for below two rows.

Row 1-----------> A B C      10

Row 2------------>A B D      10

To achieve the result below you have to include it in your aggregation level,System will form blocks based on it and would result correctly.If you will not include then it will copy aggregated data.

Row 1-----------> E B C      10

Row 2------------>E B D      10

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu ,

Thanks for your replay, I do have the 3rd dimension in aggregation level . Even though i am getting the aggregation value in key figures.

Regards

Shyam