Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Quota Generation on Hire date and Promotion Date

ssistla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the following requirement with Absence Quota Generation:

22 days of Vacation is granted to the employee either on his Hire Date (if a new hire) or on his Promotion date (existing employee). The validity of the absence is until the employee gets promoted.

What is a recommended way to handle this:

Is it recommended to use RPTQTA00 program, since the entitlement is a constant? If yes, then how can we schedule the program to accrue on the exact hire/promotion date of the employee

OR

Is it recommended to go with Automatic generation through Time evaluation? If yes, then on which date type can I base the accrual period (we don't have a promotion date type set up inthe system. We have one for hire date. But how can I point to one unique date type which carries both of these dates)?

Also, what is "Determine Default Values for Hiring"?

Please let me know your thoughts on these approaches or if anything else that can handle this requirement better.

Thanks and appreciate your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

I would recommend that you generate your quota for new hires from RPTQTA00 program if it is already in place and create a new date type for promotion and call this promotion date type in time eval schema.

I am sure you running time eval every day, so when time eval reads the promotion date from IT41 on the same day it will generate the quota based on Promotion.

Hope this approach works for your scenario.

Thanks,

Ashish

ssistla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

This is my understanding. Let me know if I am wrong:

The absence Quota should be turned off from generation, if I had to generate absence quotas through RPTQTA00.

If the absence quotas need to be generated during Time evaluation, the geneartion should be tunrd-on.

How can I do RPTQTA00 for new hires and Time evaluation Quota generation for existing employee's promotion, without creating different set of Absence Quota types?

Thanks,

SS

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

Yes you are correct with the generation process of both methods -

If your requirement is to use single quota type for both hire/promotion then you proceed with time eval solution where you need to make a single quota type and put it in increase generation mode. I believe you generating it as per calender year, then check condition with time rules for promotion date type. Basic condition in your time rules should be -

- if current date is equal to hire date type date - generate quota

- if current date is equal to promotion date type date - generate quota

But if your requirement is flexible and able to go with separate quota type for promotion then its upto you which method you choose.

Hope this helps!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.