Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with complex table drop down

kngupta141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with complex table drop down.

I have two screen sets for EmptyAdd and another for EditOnAdd.

Z_Coaching- Object

X

Y

Z

Ans1 

Ans2

Ans3

Z_Survey- Collection

Question

Answer

During new coaching session, i create and empty object and then edit on last created object

Z_CoachingEditOnAdd screen set

X

Y

Z

Ques1

Ans1 this property is tied with transaction property and the transaction property is tied with object property - (Complex table drop down)

Ques2

Ans2 this property is tied with transaction property and the transaction property is tied with object property - (Complex table drop down)

Ques3

Ans3 this property is tied with transaction property and the transaction property is tied with object property - (Complex table drop down)

for Ans1, Ans2 and Ans3 i have update rule to fetch the values from complex table to get possible values based some criteria

Once the user completes this transaction i need to save the data back to Z_Coaching. All the Question and Answers needs to be saved to the collection property of Z_Survey in Z_Coaching

Since it is difficult to know what Answer has selected i tied my Ans properties to Object properties so that i will not loose the data once that particular transaction is completed.

Everything is working fine during Add.

But During Edit

My drop down for Ans1, Ans2 and Ans3 is not working. Initially i was thinking my rule is not working but later i realized my rule is working fine after removing the link with transaction property.

Can any one help me how to resolve this problem.

If i remove the link during add i will not have information what option user has selected from that drop down to append those values to Z_Survey Collection

If i remove the link my drop down is working

I hope i am clear in my requirement.

Regards,

Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kngupta141
Participant
0 Kudos

Fixed in my own. The issue happened because of the names are different between Add transaction and Edit transaction. So when i tie the transaction property for edit it does not find the match of transaction property and stopped working.

Answers (0)