cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change username and password of sysadmin user for BPC 10 SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BPC gurus,

We installed BPC 10 SP11 for a client, now to comply with some regulations client wants to change the following

- Sysadmin username and password

- BPCAdmin username and password

- BPCUser username and password.

I understand that server manager --> Reset login credentials lets you change the password for sysadmin and the other accounts,

but is there any way we can change sysadmin account (service account used for installation)?

Thanks,

Maitreyee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maitreyee,

I picked up the incident you set up with this question, and responded there, but just saw that you had asked the question here as well (which is a good idea).

This is the feedback I provided in the incident, so I'm not sure if you want to get feedback from someone else, but the answer is:

In order to change the ID's and Passwords for those service accounts you will have to uninstall and reinstall BPC with the new accounts.  There is really no way to make that kind of change maunually in our system as there are too many backend pieces that use those accounts.

Also, you'll need to make sure before reinstalling that the new accounts have the correct permissions per the installation document.

Thank you,

Dan

Answers (0)