cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Communication Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

we are going to implement BCM. But I have a question regarding interfaces. In general direct debits and credit transfers will be generaten weithin SAP. But we have also companies which do not use SAP and create the Credit Transfers ob their own.

IS it it. possible to import those Credit Transfers into BCM and send them to the bank via Erics? If yes, how? Or do I have to create an import way via PI to BCM?

It WOULD be nice to hear anything shortly

kind regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Generally BCM is used to batch the payments and monitor the payment status along with Authorizing payments.

The approved batches will be fwded to the concerned house bank. One way to do this, is routing the encrypted payment file to SWIFT network ( through service provider) and through XI/PI system.

i think the non-SAP generated transfers can't be integrated directly with BCM, but however transferring them through XI/PI to external network is feasible though much technical effort is needed. Just a guess.

Cheers,

Ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravish,

thank you for your feedback.

During investigation I also became aware, that BCM is not the Tool where I can replace our online banking software. However, for SAP data, we have a high integrated solution and I think we will go for it.

For bank transfers, which are not generated by SAP ERP, we will find a solution. The main aim of XI / PI is to manage files, isn' it? Maybe we can use XI / PI and Ebics as a vehicle to transfer the file to the banks.

Cheers,

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it took quite a long time of investigations, but we found a soulution to import credit transfers and direct debits from a non SAP System.

It is a peace of software which SAP provide and its called BCON Adapter. It is an AddOn which you can establish in your ERP with SAINT Transaction.

But it is hard to find, because the BCON Adapter (AddOn) does not belong to an ERP. It belongs to the product BCM Opt Multisys Paymt Con 1.0 with material number 7011057. If you want to test it, you need to create a temporarly license agreement with SAP. After that you may download the software from the Service Market Place.

Kind regards,

Michael

former_member206200
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael.

Please are you able to share more information about this BCON Adapter AddOn?

I have a similar situation, and I want to explore the solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fisayo Olubiyi,

well, first I have to tell you, that we didn't implement Bank Communication Manager and neither BCON. The reason was not within the software. During our evaluation the licence structure had changed.

When I remamber correctly, I was able to download BCON after we sign a special evaluation contract with SAP.

The installation of the AddOn was quite easy, but remember, such AddOn can not be de-installed. If your  evaluation carry out, that you do not want to use BCON, you need to make a system copy to your evaluation system.

During our tests it was possible to process Credit Transfers which were generated by SAP (F110 and F111) and also Credit Transfers which were imported from NON-SAP-Systems. In Bank Communication Manager you was able to see each status of the payments.

It is a nice peace of software.

Kind regards,

Michael

viswanatha_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

BCM is working on top-up with in SAP APP (F110) & the BRS work flow scenarios.

for more detailed information, please check blow OSS notes.

SAP Note 1577912 - FAQ: BCM

SAP Note 1075859 - Bank Communication Management

Regards,

Viswa.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viswa,

thank you for your answer. The SAP Notes were very helpful to get a better idea of BCM. To process non-SAP bank transers I think I will investigate more in the direction of XI / PI and Ebics.

See you,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the BCM configuration document

Hope this will also help you during your configuration

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0e9fc91-a6be-2e10-4194-f2519a7ed...

BR;

MS

npurohit
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Along with the BCM one can use BCM connector to integrate payment from other channels.

To integrate with EBICS, An PI adapter is available to seamlessly tranfser data using EBICS.

Thanks,

Naresh