Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Decimal values in AL11 file download

siva_subramanian2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a program to download data into XLS file in AL11 application server. We have a currency column to be passed on to the file. The issue here is I have a decimal value like 201.30 and 200.00 but these values are downloading in AL11 as 201.3 and 200, But I want the values as how it is passing in the string. I am using Open data set statement and inside that concatenating all fields and transferring it into file. I tried searching in the forum and find couple of links none of them helped. Could anyone advice how to overcome this?

Thanks

Siva

9 REPLIES 9

siva_subramanian2
Participant
0 Kudos

Any replies.?

mayur_priyan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a program to download data into XLS file in AL11 application server.

You are having problem when you are trying to upload the quantity from excel ( presentation server ) to AL11 ( application server ) or vice versa ?

0 Kudos

I am trying to download data from my program to AL11. AL11 File format is Xls.

0 Kudos

So download the file to desktop in binary mode using CG3Y transaction. Then open the file in Notepad, and paste whatever you see there.

How are you checking the contents of xls file if it is in application server?

0 Kudos

I Have the physical path of that file in application server and i am checking there.I can see the .00 or .10 values when i open the file in note pad. But issue is when i try to open it in excel those .00 and .10 s are not coming

0 Kudos

This means you have failed to search.

This is excel issue, not abap.

Even for excel, it is as per their design.

If you type 0001 in excel and press enter, it would become 1.

This has been discussed countless time before.

0 Kudos

I know its excel Issue.Still you did not get my query.What I was asking? Is there a way to overcome this by doing some coding while writing it into Xls in AL11.

0 Kudos

Again, searching would give you possible ways to get around it. Just search "abap excel missing zero".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you open the xls file in Notepad, and paste the contents here?