cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor creation process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to design a process for vendor master creation and need some guidance. There is QM involved in the process as well and QM has to finally bless the vendor and allow supply chain to buy from him.

The process I am thinking of is as follows

• A new vendor request is submitted offline to the master data group
  • Some one in the group creates the vendor via MK01.
  • At this stage I want the vendor to be created with an automatic block (can I run MK05 in the background to block it the moment it is created?)
  • Then the master data group creates the purchase info record and the quality info record (here the system allows me to create the QIR without the QM procurement key turned on. I want a hard stop. In other words the material should be assigned first

the inspection type 01 and the QM control key)
  • The finance goes and extends the finance views to the vendor master.
  • Then the master data group goes ahead and takes the block off from the vendor master.

Is this a process which is usually followed at most companies  and does it sound feasible ? I want to make sure that suppply chain can still order from the vendor (at risk) even if the vendor is not completely qualified by the QM group for that material.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member224245
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear GS,

As per my experince with different clients - The pracitce you are going to opt or thinking to implement is not followed in MOST of the comapnies. I do agree that QM should bless the vendor but why QM wants to come in picture before procuring a material. If your QM team really wants a role then they can visit the Vendor's premise to check his capabilities.

Once you purchase material from Vendor then based on QM you can return or keep the material. In Purchase order you can specify your requirement about that good.

Same point I am not denying that this requirement may not fullfill but it is not worth to put efforts in this process.

Thanks