Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Schedule within the Firm Zone of a SA not firming

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have delivery schedules within firm zone (defined in the Additional Data in item detail) of a SA but they are not firmed by MRP run.

Here is the material master setting and other relevant information:

MRP Type = PD (firming type = blank)

Planning Time Fence = 0 (in MRP1 view)

Not check the flag in OMIN to firm only the transmitted schedule line

Maintained Firm/Trade-off zone (as mentioned above) and Binding on MRP = '1' in an item of a SA

The delivery schedule supposedly be firmed based on the firm zone but is keep pushed out instead after MRP run.

I appreciate very much if you can tell what's causing the problem and how to remedy it.

Kind Regards,
Eddie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

Do refer the below OSS Note it may help you..

81431 - No firm zone schedule lines through MRP

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Mallinath,

I saw the note but it didn't work as we already have the Binding on MRP indicator set to '1' (Schedule lines within trade-off zone can be changed by MRP) which I think is the indicator in SA item that was mentioned in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

All delivery schedule lines within firm zone will be firmed by MRP run after SA release created, because SAP calculated the firm zone based on the SA release creation date, not MRP run date.

Best regards

Tao

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Tao,

We have a valid delivery schedule which already released but it still doesn't get firmed even though it is in the firm zone. Instead the delivery schedule gets pushed out after MRP run.

Should I change the firming type in MRP type to 1 (auto firming and order proposal rescheduled out) or 2 (auto firming and without order proposal)?

Or the firm zone defined in the Additional Data in item detail of SA alone should be good enough to allow the delivery schedule to be firmed?

Thanks,

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

No, you needn't to change firming type in MRP type. Because the firming type determines how procurement proposals are firmed and scheduled within the "planning time fence", it's not your request.

You said there were some delivery schedule items got pushed out after MRP run, my question is, whether these unfirmed delivery schedule items came from new dependent requirements of its header material, or not?

Regards

Tao

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

No, it's not a new requirement. It is existing delivery schedule for a component not a header material that came into the Firm Zone defined in the Additional Data in item detail of SA that pushed out rather than getting firmed.

Hope that I answered your question.

Thanks,
Eddie

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddie,

Did you fully transmit the delivery schedules? The firming will only take place when delivery schedules have been transmitted to the vendor in case of using the SA firming.

So check if you have requirements in the firming period. Transmit the release using ME84 or ME38 and make sure it's fully transmitted, meaning that the message processing is also complete.

Then change the requirements so that you are sure the existing delivery schedule lines would be changed by MRP in the firming period. Run MRP and check the behavior.

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

We scheduled a batch job to release and transmit a delivery schedule after MRP so delivery schedule is transmitted.

On a related note, we did not check the flag in OMIN to firm only the transmitted schedule line.

Wouldn't it make the delivery schedule to be firmed without transmittal?

Thanks,

Eddie

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddie,

Your batch job is OK however until the delivery schedule with new schedule line proposals has been transmitted they can be changed by MRP as they are not yet firm.

From my experience the OMIN settings affect the MRP type firming settings (P1, P2, ...) not the SA related firm settings. Here the binding on MRP key is determining what MRP can change or can not change.

See here the extract out of the help function on the OMIN setting.

Firm Only Schedule Lines Transmitted to Vendor by Purchasing

If you set this indicator, the system only firms the schedule lines which have been transmitted to the vendor by the purchasing department.

Use

This function is used if you use a planning time fence in the planning run. If you use firming type 1 ("Automatic firming and order proposals are displaced"), the system automatically firms existing schedule lines when they move into the planning time fence.
Use this indicator if you only want the system to firm schedule lines that have already been checked and passed on to the vendor per message transfer. If, for example, the quantity of a schedule line was changed but the changed quantity has not yet been passed on to the vendor, then the old quantity that has already been passed on to the vendor is firmed as soon as this schedule line moves into the planning time fence.

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thank you for the information on OMIN.

As on our case the delivery schedule is transmitted but it still does not firming as mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
Eddie

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddie,

Would you be able to provide some screenshots from the MD04, scheduling agreement settings and the ME38 release display.

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Here are screen shots you asked.

MD04

SA Setting

SA Dlv Schedule

The problem is the schedule line with date 8/19/14 in MD04 keep being pushed out instead of getting firmed.

That schedule line had 6/9/14 when checked last on Feb. 4th.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Eddie

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddie,

You have set in you SA 49 days as firm days.

If you had on Feb 4th a date of 06/09/2014 (if I read the date as June 9th 2014) then your firm period would run till the 25th of March 2014 so the the MRP is allowed to reschedule this requirement.

You are using binding on MRP key 1 which is

Schedule lines within trade-off zone can be changed by MRP

So if you want to fix things that far out you will have to increase your firm period or you will have to use binding on MRP blank which would mean MRP will not touch anything that falls inside the firm and trade-off zone.

Schedule lines after trade-off zone can be changed by MRP

In the fixing column (column 4) in ME38 you can see what type of fixing will be applied to a schedule line.

Only the line with date 05/06/2014 has a fixing type 1 (firm zone) assigned

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

I know we used '1' on binding on MRP but that shouldn't push out the delivery schedule if there is a requirement even though it was in the trade-off zone. Take a look at MD04 screen. The schedule line with 8/19/14 has an exception '30'. If the initial date of this schedule line (6/9/14) was kept it would've been in the firm zone by now. But the date kept being pushed out thus never had a chance to be inside of a firm zone to be firmed.

Am I not understanding something?

If I am please shed some light.

Thanks,
Eddie

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddie,

I think you need to read up a bit on how MRP is working. Each time your run MRP the system will schedule according to the requirements at that moment.

So if on the 4th of Feb as you initially mentioned the schedule line date was 06/09/2014 then the system would only have firm requirements up to March 25th.

Everything that is after the 25th can be scheduled out by MRP and as long as the requirement does not fall within the firm zone the system will not keep this schedule line firm.

Based on today's date 22/042014 your firm period runs till 10/06/2014.

So if your dependent requirements keep shifting out and your schedule line does not come within the firm zone you will not get firm schedule lines.

If you want to test change the firm zone to 125 days so that the current date of your schedule line falls inside the firm zone then you will see that this schedule line will get a * assigned next to it and thus becomes fixed. Of course you will have to adapt also the trade off zone as this can not be less then the firm zone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

In MD04 view, at first select the delivery schedule which you mentioned the line with unfirmed problem, and then click the button

you will see the pegged requirements for the delivery schedule in SA; in addition, you need to double check the available stock quantity on the left side at the same line item with the delivery schedule. If the available stock could cover the requirement quantity, system will give you exception message 30 to propose planning according to suggested date.