cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Library not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to use methods from the reuse library.

I have already looked at this thread, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3523204
and the complete help documentation. I am almost certain that I am using the wrong/syntax and/or missing an import. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Alexander Ludwig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just found the solution and realised that I should have imported ABSL and used the Date method used there. However I was then presented with the error where "Identifier 'Date' is available in multiple namespaces or object types. Use an additional qualifier to make the identifier unambiguous".

I am familar with this type of error from other programming languages, so I then qualified the Date object by using ABSL:Date, and the problem is now solved

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Make sure that you never delete the default "import ABSL;" from your coding.

As you noticed, you would run into trouble.

Bye,

Horst

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

What Date are you trying to generate there?

I could reasonably see 30 as Day and 3 as Month. Not sure what 34 refers to. Either way, it appears you're missing the Year value.

Looks like there's some flexibility to the Date.Create syntax, but it's basically expecting something in the format of "Date.Create(DD,MM,YYYY);"

So example, today's date would be "Date.Create(16,4,2014);"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I shouldn't have taken the screenshot with me putting in test values, you are right about the format being incorrect. The real issue I am having is that the compiler says "Identifier 'Create' does not exist". Implying that I am using the wrong syntax and/or haven't imported the correct reuse library.