Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No goods receipt possible for purchase order XXXX - MIGO

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MM Guru’s,

I have an issue where my user is not able to post Goods Receipt for Purchase Order in Production environment.

I verified the problematic Purchase Order I could able to view that Account Assignment Category – F is used for the given PO.

In addition, to that I also observe Invoice receipt has been posted successfully for all the line items and IR document generated. In addition, Payment has been made to vendor already.

Now if I execute transaction MIGO for the Purchase order system throws the below warning message,

No goods receipt possible for purchase order XXXX

Message no. M7036

During my in-depth analysis on this issue I observe that for problematic PO, Goods Receipt Indicator is not SET which I can view in delivery tab page in item detail. Hence in this case during Goods Receipt system throws the above mentioned warning message.

Why in this case Goods Receipt Indicator is not SET in problematic PO because for all line items it has been created with reference to purchase requisition – XXXX in which Goods Receipt Indicator in not SET by user (Pur Req created manually) which I can able to view in transaction – ME53N under valuation tab page.

I am also aware of the solution in case payment is not made to vendor below action need to be taken,

1. Reverse / Cancel the IR - document

2. Set deletion flag for Purchase Order – XXXX for all line items in transaction ME22N.

3. Activate the Goods Receipt Indicator for the purchase requisition – XXXX manually via transaction ME52N in valuation tab page.

4. Create a new Purchase order with reference to purchase requisition – XXXX in transaction ME21N.

5. Proceed with Goods Receipt and Invoice receipt for the newly created purchase order.

Unfortunately I can’t follow the above mentioned actions since in my case payment already made to vendor. Hence I need your valuable input on this issue how to proceed further from my end.

Please revert back in case of any clarification is required.

Cheers,

Kumar S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

shyam_shinde2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

you need to activate Goods Receipt indicator in ME22N,if it appear as greyed out goto SPRO setting for PO layout and change field from display to editable mode.

after this you can update Goods Receipt indicator in ME22N,do the MIGO and reset field from editable to display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may get this error if the confirmation tab contains inbound delivery and you are processing Goods receipt with refernce to PO.

Regards

Maruthi S

0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

If GR based IV is selected then kindly reverse the invoice document using MR8M and then check for any confirmation control key is set under the confirmations tab and proceed with the steps you have already mentioned.

Thanks

Aravind

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

GR indicator in PO cant be set as it was greyed out.It is possible in ME52N.

Reg patil response i asked query that If already payment is done I don't think we can cancel the IR pls confirm and let me know how it is possible.

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you reverse the payment done to the vendor, this is done by the FI consultant. via FB08 then you cancel the Invoice document through MR8M and then  keep the delete status to required line items of PO and make another PO by changing the Goods Receipt Indicator in PR for required line items.

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

When i check with FI team they said once payment is done then it cant be reversed.Anyway let me take your suggestion to FI consultant and revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Payment document cannot be reversed through FB08. It will throw an error say 'items have been cleared'. However, you can use tcode FBRA to reverse the payment document.

You can the reverse the MIRO and follow the procedure outlined above

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thanks for all your valuable input still FICO team is checking the same issue and wanted me to recreate the same scenario in Quality.

Will keep update you guys.

Cheers,

Kumar S

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As we know, the tick option for Goods Receipt control that you want to do GR or not.

As you have not ticked the option, so you have informed system that you will not do GR.

And once you post the IR, then system will not allow to change the tick option.

So, you have only one option, You have to cancel the the payment and then Invoice document, then you can able to tick the Goods Receipt option in PO.

Regards

Dev

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thanks for your input.My user is checking with their local finane team and will revert back if i need your advice.

Cheers,

Kumar S

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear K S

Appreciate detailed explanation,

Delivery completed indicator will get filled by System automatic, only when goods fully received against that corresponding line item.

GR Based IV, in Invoice tab of line item has might removed by some body so that system allowed to make IR without GR, check the same in line Item changes

Check confirmations tab, if any conf control is active, if it's so then do Inbound delivery-->GR

R,

Amala

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think in my case inbound delivery is invloved.

Also i am talking about Goods Receipt Indicator not deli coml indicator.

Please relook my intial thread and let me know your input.

AmalaSrinivasa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System behavior is correct only, all the line items of PO got unchecked for Goods Receipt, so it was not expecting any GR.

Have you tried to check Goods Receipt indicator in ME22N, Is system triggering any error message?

You are going to do GR to book the cost to respective order/s, the same thing can't be achieved by any means without being done the GR

You can proceed as Mr Patil proposal

R,

Amala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

are the other positions mentioned also account assignment category 'F'? If not the Problem could be caused by Customizing of this category.

Why do you need the goods receipt in case of account assignment 'F'? As far as I know if an PO is accounted with category 'F' the complete FI part is done by the IR.

Kind regards

Mario

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah even I got the same doubt but when i look at SPRO config for Acct Assignment Cat. F

Goods Receipt Indicator is ticked so I understand GR is applicable.

Please let me know your comment on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Raise a Credit Memo to your supplier..

and cancel the invoice through MR8M.

And follow the process what you already mentioned.

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

If already payment is done I dont think we can cancel the IR pls confirm