cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA40 not defaulting the new position in IT0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario where while execution of any action(except hiring) through PA40 ,the new position is not getting defaulted in IT0001.Also the start date for the new IT0001 and subsequent infotype records is populated with the start date of the previous action.

However,when the same action is executed through PA30,the new position is defaulted in IT0001 and all subsequent infotypes records are defaulted with the start date of the new action.

We have used opeartion COP for  most of the infotypes while configuring infogroups relevant for action.Also integration is active, with the value of PLOGI-ORGA =X.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam

Is the issue resolved now ? Can you please confirm if you were able to find the solution for this issue ?

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Issue not yet reslved.written to sap.Will let u knw in case of any Soln.

Thanks & Regards,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I have raised the query in forum after doing that intial check and comparison.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One quick info, are you finding discrepancy only for IT 01 or other Infotypes as well ?

In case the issue is happening only with IT 01 (previous data being copied), then you might have to check at the infotype level as well. You may compare with one of the other infotypes being used under your relevant infogroup. Although every one has shared their inputs, similar suggestion from my side. You may like to quickly revisit your configurations one more time for both infotypes and actions nodes.

Rgds

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Its happening for all the infotypes in the infogroup.The most strange part is that with the same set of configuration one of the testing Clients is giving proper results for PA40 whereas for the other i am facing the issue.

Regards,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seemingly some transport has caused the issue. We faced a related issue when some part of functionality was getting properly displayed in one client and not in other client. Got it debugged and realized it was an issue with the coding. May be debugging helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, pls check feature DFINF. If the value entered for DFINF is 'X' the value is copied from the customizing table if the value is blank its copies from the previous record.

Another option is to compare the configurations in both the clients. May be it can provide you quick pointers w/o going thru debugging mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I mean to say in other systems ,even if we execute PA40,the start date of IT0001 gets defaulted with the new action date entered in IT0000 in a manner similar to when we  execute action using PA30..Same happens with OM data(Position,employee grp and subgrp) .It gets dafulated on the basis of the position data entered  in IT0000 while execution of new action.

Thanks & Regards,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you show Info group for Confirmation action  from table V_T588D and T529A.

and have you cross checked the configuration of the two systems ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can see the PA30 and PA40 screenshots sent by me.IT0001 in case of PA40 in not getting populated with new action date,position,new employee group and subgroup.Also the dates forsubsequent infotypes which are part of infogroup configured for the action are picking up the old action date and not the new date.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried giving manually 01.04.2014 in an organizational assignment infotype. I can see the date of action is 01.04.2014 Have you tried and save Just check once Can you able to save the date by giving new date in organizational assignment infotype

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check below note

Note 1823821 - UAM: HR Trigger delimit date is not captured'

Did anybody experimented something in server regarding RFC Connectionsl ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

PA40 screenshots:

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional fields will not populate in PA40 Screen The additional fields can only be viewed in PA30 screen. That is the standard process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

IT populates in PA30 as well and i have seen it working in other systems.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you show Info group for Confirmation from table V_T588D and T529A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Action Execution thru pa40

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now you tell me which field is not populating

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say additional fields.

The additional fields will not populate in PA40 screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Action execution thru PA30:

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PA30 is working fine.

Can you paste PA40 screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and Praneeth,

@Rajesh-Yes it should be same thu pa30 and pa40 but it is not same and that is my issue.

@Praneeth- All PA-OM integrations are activated properly and thats why the integration results are coming properly in PA30..Yes on execution thru pa40,i see the old old dates with old position, EG, ESG, PA PSA in IT0001.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punam

Request you to paste the screenshot of PA30 and PA40 that will help us to identify issue .

To resolve your issue we need screenshot . The question is not clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is showing old entries right.

is IT 0001 in display mode or editable ? if it in display mode please go for up to last info type and check whether all IT's are in display mode only. then check your Personnel Actions once again.

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

In PA40 There will be only Execute Button

PA30 is working fine whether it is editable or change or create

The question is  In PA40 The fields are not populating in 0001 TIam trying to understand question clearly So that we can resolve at earliest possible.

Correct me Punam If my understanding is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please find below the details of the query raised by againt my query Post:

i)Execution of action thru PA30- Although not a standard practice,if i enter action infotype-0000 and subtype-actions type in my PA30 screen for a particular PERNR,i first get the IT0000 screen.Here i populate the new action date,new position,new applicable employee group,subgroup and personnel area.After saving,IT0001 screen appears with the new action date and the position field is defaulted with the position value entered by me in IT0000.

However when i do the same thru PA40,All OM related data(Position,employee group and subgroup attached to position) that i have populated in IT0000 are not defaulted in IT0001.Also the start date populated for IT0001 record is the date for the previous action and not the new action that i am executing.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether you do it from PA30 or PA40 it is one and the same.

You mean to say personnel subareas that are required to default what fields are not defaulting  in 0001 Could you please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your OM - PA integration is on ?

PLOGI ORGA X

while PA40 after executing IT 0000 saving then it goes to IT 0001 there what you can see ? old dates with old position, EG, ESG, PA PSA ?

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you paste Organizational Assignment Infotype screen of PA40

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However,when the same action is executed through PA30,the new position is defaulted in IT0001 and all subsequent infotypes records are defaulted with the start date of the new action.???

Answer How can you execute an action in PA30 Could you please be more clear

The new position is not getting defaulted in IT0001.Also the start date for the new IT0001 and subsequent infotype records is populated with the start date of the previous action.

Answer:  When you run action in PA40 The new position will not get defaulted.  It will show you old position no when you change it It will show a new position. Action screen is use to change data and PA30 screen used to display the data of action screen.

Question is not clear please paste screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

Get the help from your ABAPer where, User Exit should be triggered in PA40 and PA30 or by any chance of writing the BADI for it. This may be the root cause for this issue.

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

In second part i have mentioned that when the action is executed through PA30(You can execute action through PA40(however not advisable)),the results are proper.It means that if i am executing action thru PA30,the new position is defaulted in It0001.Also the start date for IT0001 as well as subsequent infotype in defaulted with the new action date.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I am trying to execute confirmation Action.I have maintained the following configuration for Infogroups:

40         01 COP 0000    Actions    

40         02 COP 0001    Organizational Assignment    

40         03 COP 0008    Basic Pay    

40         04 COP 0016    Contract Elements    

40         05 COP 0041    Date Specifications    

40         06 INS 0014    Recurring Payments/Deductions 1021

40         07 INS 0014    Recurring Payments/Deductions 9050

40         08 INS 0014    Recurring Payments/Deductions 9051

40         09 INS 9004    Employee Mediclaim Policy   

Even if i maintain INS for IT0000,the results are same.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it is working fine for me i check too. can you give screen shots of what exactly happening.

check once again change IT 0000 to INS go to pa40 select new date and assign the new position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Even i have tested the same scenario in another system.It is working fine there with the same set of configuration.However here it is failing.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you have to re-check the all the info type and info groups configurations step by step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

Run the Report RHINTE30 which allows you to transfer a person's organizational assignments (positions, organizational units, and so on) from Organizational Management to the Organizational Assignment info type of Personnel Administration.

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I have already executed RHINTE30,but still the position remains unchanged in IT0001.

Also the start date for the new action is not defaulted in IT0001 or any subsquent infotypes for the action,while execution of pa40.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

Kindly cross check on the below mentioned settings.

Integration : Apart from the integration switch of PLOGI ORGA, also cross check with PLOGI PRELI integration which defaults the position and PLOGI PRELU and PLOGI EVENB as well.

Infogroup Maintenance : Guess you are using Org Re-Assignment, Check Table T529A, Mark the FC as 0.

Infotypes : Org Assignment 0001, Planned Working time 0007 and Basic Pay 0008 infotypes should be maintained in COP Operation mode.

Check with these settings and kindly let me know.

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

All action relevant settings highlighted by you are maintained properly.The integration switches have the following value:

PLOGI-PRELI - 99999999

PLOGI-PRELU-blank

PLOGI-EVENB - blank

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also the integration is working perfect when i am executing the same action through pa30.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Punam,

PLOGI EVENB should be marked with "X"

Setting the 'PLOGI EVENB' switch to 'X' enables you to move a person,

position or organizational unit within an organizational structure.

The personnel numbers of the person(s) concerned are locked in Personnel

Administration. The only personnel action you can now carry out for

these personnel numbers is "Organizational Change". You must carry out

this action before you can make further changes to the info types for the

person(s) concerned. Technically, the lock is caused by an entry in

table T77INT.

Note that this switch only works when the 'PLOGI ORGA' switch is

switched to 'X'.

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

"PLOGI - EVENB" is set to"X" when we want to move the PA or OM objects within an org structure as an outcome of change in company code.As in this case there is no chnage in company code ,i don;t think so i need to set "PLOGI-EVENB" to "X".

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

Please go ahead with Praneeth's suggestion. Guess it will work out perfect this time.

Thank you Praneeth for your info !

Need further clarification : Punam, Can you please explain me your question with 2nd paragraph

"However,when the same action is executed through PA30,the new position is defaulted in IT0001 and all subsequent infotypes records are defaulted with the start date of the new action" - How can you run an action in PA30?

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

While configuring PA40 actions for hiring we use "INS" for creating a new position & then we use "COP" function for subsequent actions...

This new position should only be created with Hiring Action as "INS" function is opted...

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram,

Our issue is not Hiring actions.For Hiring action we have maintained INS.

Our issue is with actions other than hiring which have been properly configured with opearation COP like confirmations and transfer involving a change in position and related OM data.

Thanks,

Punam Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while doing promotion / transfer action through PA40 IT 0000 has to be from new date on wards and the remaining IT's are copy.

Example:

While transferring IT 0000 has to INS mode and remaining has COP

in the IT 0000 only you have to assign the new position.

PR05 Transfer

00      01INS0000  Actions
00      02COP0001  Organizational Assignment
00      03COP0006  Addresses
00      04COP0007  Planned Working Time
00      05COP0008  Basic Pay
00      06COP0009  Bank Details